• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Aviation Expert" on CNN is a Student Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"My brother's a 757 pilot. He told me that when visibility is 1/2 mile that you can't see the runway until you're 200 feet off the ground."

:laugh:

Ah, give the guy his 5 minutes of fame.

Then when he goes to his next flight lesson the retired / furloughed guy who hangs around the airport can slap the living he!! out of him....

AA717driver said:
Geez, with all the AA and UA people laid off in Chicago, at least you could get someone who knows what the heck they are talking about.
Txx Cxxxxxxxxx
ATP w/ multiple type ratings... Oh, forget it!

Some of those UAL college grads wouldnt have ANY idea what your talking about!

My favorite speculation was that the nose gear collapsed and that may have caused the 737 to skid much further off the runway. I once saw a Beech A36 land gear up, shortest landing I've ever seen.

My heart and prayers goes out to the family of the little boy who was killed. Also to the pilots who ended up in a bad situation that could have happened to any of us. I hope nothing bad comes to them.

Forget politics, weather, the war, etc... listening to CNN and Miles O' about anything aviation related is equivalent to asking a college freshman, claiming pre-med, about heart surgery.

CNN frequently sacrifices journalistic accuracy and integrity in order to report "first on the scence" news.

I still say the best line ever was "I assume they had less fuel on board than they did when they took off in Paris," after the AF in YYZ.

ERfly said:
So let me get this straight...According to the latest expert (and he has printouts), the runways at O'Hare are bigger than the runways at Midway and bigger runways are better.

Just wanted to make sure I understood this right. The best line so far?

"Let us recap, we surely don't want to head down the road of speculation...." - Anderson Cooper

The length of the runway doesn't matter if you land 3000 feet from the end.

Latest resources

Back