Aviation Career.com Warning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lostdog65

Just got a couple of nasty-grams from AviationCareer.com. I found out about a couple of jobs via other means and applied in a round-about way. NOT through AviationCareer.com as my membership lapsed almost a year ago. I would never pass myself off as someone else on a job app board.

Anyways...if you are finding and applying to jobs that are on Aviationcareer.com, either through other sources or were given the info by a friend be forewarned. AviationCareer.com is threatening to ban members who do so and forward the banning info to prospective employers.

Just thought you'd like to know. Apparently it doesn't pay to be enterprising in your attempts to acquire a job or AviationCareer.com seems to think they own the market for people who advertise with them.

Eric

Lostdog65 said:
Just got a couple of nasty-grams from AviationCareer.com. I found out about a couple of jobs via other means and applied in a round-about way. NOT through AviationCareer.com as my membership lapsed almost a year ago. I would never pass myself off as someone else on a job app board.

Anyways...if you are finding and applying to jobs that are on Aviationcareer.com, either through other sources or were given the info by a friend be forewarned. AviationCareer.com is threatening to ban members who do so and forward the banning info to prospective employers.

Just thought you'd like to know. Apparently it doesn't pay to be enterprising in your attempts to acquire a job or AviationCareer.com seems to think they own the market for people who advertise with them.

Eric

Search for my post concerning them. I would rather give my worst enemy money than them. They need some work on customer service They run a few aviation employment sites one they post fake jobs so that people will sign up with them.

Sounds about right. They practically threatened to destroy my career and reputation...borderline slander. If I could afford a good lawyer I'd tie them up in litigation just for fun. I don't need anybody else trying to destory my career and reputation...I do just fine on my own! ;)

And the email addresses I got for the jobs, while on their site, I acquired through my own research.

Eric

Don't know but I've had a couple of planejobs.com "resume numbers". A little digging and you don't need their service to find the people "advertising" on planejobs. I just have a hard time giving people that kind of money when I can go to Bizjetjobs.com or avianation.com, spend about 10 bucks for a few months and get just the same info.

Eric

Lostdog65 said:
Don't know but I've had a couple of planejobs.com "resume numbers". A little digging and you don't need their service to find the people "advertising" on planejobs. I just have a hard time giving people that kind of money when I can go to Bizjetjobs.com or avianation.com, spend about 10 bucks for a few months and get just the same info.

Eric

Yea, Bizjetjobs I have them on my links section on my web page!

Lostdog65 said:
Sounds about right. They practically threatened to destroy my career and reputation...borderline slander. If I could afford a good lawyer I'd tie them up in litigation just for fun. I don't need anybody else trying to destory my career and reputation...I do just fine on my own! ;)

And the email addresses I got for the jobs, while on their site, I acquired through my own research.

Eric

Somthing like this!!!

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=854494

With all of the information on the internet, why use a service like them. Do it yourself. Save money and become a little more savy on the computer. It can be used for more than message boards and P*rn.

NW_Pilot...

That's rich! Trying to get a buck out of PayPal and Planejobs! Too funny. I know...it's the principle that matters!

Eric

S2B...thanks...I'd forgotten about findapilot...kind of funny since I used to advertise on it extensively back in 99-00 when I was Chief Pylon looking for freightdawgs!

Eric

Latest resources

Back