• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvGas Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey mainiac, you still need that area behind your house cleared? The DR mower can easily make an appearance. It eats shrubs for breakfast, and only grunts a little for small trees.

The ethanol screws up my car's engine. The content or ratio isn't even accruate. It can vary up quite a bit. This stuff eats seals and decreases power, among other things. You can thank both Bush's for this delightful concoction. Hey, at least one of their supporters is getting rich on growing the stuff, not to mention the amount of wasted energy used (and displaced) to create the stuff. So ridiculous.

The corn gas is hell on my boat's fuel system. have to replace the fuel filter every year now, and add an additive to keep the water from collecting in the tank.

Add a fuel stabilizer (available at Home Depot or any yard equipment supplier) to your power equipment gas and you won't have any problems with loss of performance/gunk issues.

Also, run your mower empty before you put it away each winter.

I learned this lesson the hard way. I ruined a 2-year-old Honda mower a few years back by running un-stabilized gas through it. After two years, the valves were so caked-up I decided to trash it instead of paying $250 bucks to get it torn down and fixed.

Haven't had a problem with the new one, which is going on four years.

Its not hard for anyone at least a little mechanically inclined to disassemble, clean, and rebuild the carburetor on a small engine.

It takes me about an hour to remove/clean/reinstall the carb on my Honda push mower...and costs less than $5 for an old toothbrush and a can of solvent you can use for two-three years.

You're a better man than me. I tried tearing down my Honda lawnmower myself but the inside of the thing was like a damn swiss watch and the valve was so varnished up I don't know how I'd have ever gotten it cleaned out.

Latest resources

Back