Avfuel/AvTrip Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dangerkitty

I think I know the answer to this but I just wanted to make sure.

Can you get AvTrip points from Avfuel if you are a contract buyer with them?

The reason I ask is that our flight department uses a few different vendors for our fuel. We shop the price from week to week and buy accordingly. Being able to get Avtrip points just might tip the scales in Avfuel's favor from time to time.

Anyone know?

It's hit and miss. Most of the time I get avtrip points with contract fuel. There have been times where they don't give 'em to me though. What I do is play dumb and just give them my avtrip card. If they don't give them to me, oh well! But if they do, sweet!

Dangerkitty said:
I think I know the answer to this but I just wanted to make sure.

Can you get AvTrip points from Avfuel if you are a contract buyer with them?

The reason I ask is that our flight department uses a few different vendors for our fuel. We shop the price from week to week and buy accordingly. Being able to get Avtrip points just might tip the scales in Avfuel's favor from time to time.

Anyone know?

Best way to find out in advance is sign up on their website. You'll get a quote of current price, contract price and who gives out points.

It's one of the better "deals" out there. I've been with them for several years and even with sharing points with other pilots I've still gotten several hundred in bonds.

2000Flyer

OK, another question just to make sure I understand you guys.

Avfuel faxes us a weekly report stating what their fuel cost is for that week.

If we like that price we call them and order the fuel and then a few days later a fuel truck shows up and fuels up our little fuel farm.

Can I call someone at Avfuel and give them our pilots Avtrips number's and then when we order a load of fuel our points will automatically be awarded into our accounts? Is their someone I can call and discuss this with?

Just to make sure yall know, we dont buy our fuel from an Avfuel FBO, we buy our fuel directly from Avfuel.

The reason I am asking this is that I heard that Avfuel does not offer Avtrip points to clients with contract fuel. Considering the amount of business we give these guys I would think they could cough up the Avtrip points.

I think I mis-stated what Contract fuel was. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Dangerkitty said:
OK, another question just to make sure I understand you guys.

Avfuel faxes us a weekly report stating what their fuel cost is for that week.

If we like that price we call them and order the fuel and then a few days later a fuel truck shows up and fuels up our little fuel farm.

Can I call someone at Avfuel and give them our pilots Avtrips number's and then when we order a load of fuel our points will automatically be awarded into our accounts? Is their someone I can call and discuss this with?

Just to make sure yall know, we dont buy our fuel from an Avfuel FBO, we buy our fuel directly from Avfuel.

The reason I am asking this is that I heard that Avfuel does not offer Avtrip points to clients with contract fuel. Considering the amount of business we give these guys I would think they could cough up the Avtrip points.

I think I mis-stated what Contract fuel was. Sorry for the confusion.

To the best of recollection, you cannot get avtrip points by buying fuel for your own fuel farm. We're a based customer and don't get points from our FBO.

2000flyer said:
To the best of recollection, you cannot get avtrip points by buying fuel for your own fuel farm. We're a based customer and don't get points from our FBO.

Thanks. Thats what I thought. Darn.

Actually, we're an Avfuel dealer and I was told that a deal is being negotiated with Avfuel that will allow us to get avtrip points from our own fuel. From what I understand it will only apply to fuel that we pump into our own aircraft. To make it fair for all of our pilots, points would go into a "kitty" and be dispersed evenly amongst all of us either monthly or quarterly. This is what I was told so don't take it as fact! If you ask me, it just sounds like the boss blowing smoke up our butts as usual. ;) From Avfuel's point of view, it really wouldn't make sense for them to give us points for contract fuel. It would be more money out of their pockets on something that's already highly discounted to begin with. But, if this deal should materialize I'll post back here with details.

waveoff said:
Actually, we're an Avfuel dealer and I was told that a deal is being negotiated with Avfuel that will allow us to get avtrip points from our own fuel. From what I understand it will only apply to fuel that we pump into our own aircraft. To make it fair for all of our pilots, points would go into a "kitty" and be dispersed evenly amongst all of us either monthly or quarterly. This is what I was told so don't take it as fact! If you ask me, it just sounds like the boss blowing smoke up our butts as usual. ;) From Avfuel's point of view, it really wouldn't make sense for them to give us points for contract fuel. It would be more money out of their pockets on something that's already highly discounted to begin with. But, if this deal should materialize I'll post back here with details.

Maybe if enough folks who have their own farms do this, AvFuel will work a deal (which it sounds like they're doing in your case).

Good news!

2000Flyer

Latest resources

Back