Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

walangtakot

Hello,
I recently took the air traffic control test. I felt pretty good about it. I Scored in the mid 90's I was just wondering if it makes much difference as far as hiring. I haven't really heard of anyone not passing or even scoring in the low 70's. I am just wondering what my chances are of getting a job invite/interview.
Thanks

Probably pretty good, so long as your meet all the other hiring criteria. I was told by a person "above my pay grade" that on the last test 85 was the cutoff (take that for what its worth....second hand intel). But it seemed to be true, as I have a friend who was trying to get in before his 31st B-Day and who scored an 83.9. He did not get an interview. They should be offering interviews based upon your test scores, i.e. the highest first, then declining. Just remember this is not a fast process. The new folks we have gotten at ATL Tower have all said it took them at least a year to get thru the hiring process.

test score

Hey I just took the test about a month ago.. I scored an 83 and have gotten through all the interview process already, going to the academy at the end of this year. The paper said they are considering above 85 well qualified, below 85 qualified..so mid 90's keep your head up.

Latest resources

Back