• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gutshotdraw said:
How you digging the Cinco?

She got mucho grande motors man.

Did I mention it does a go around with A/P & A/T engaged? All the monkey (thats me) has to do is hit FLCH and LNAV.

Then the sim instructor gives me a bananna and I go poop in the corner.

(done in a 8 days.... hopefully)

Monket in the left seat

Back in the 70s I had a nav who used to carry a banana for the pilot after vnav descents to coupled ils with full auto land in the 141. He took great delight in telling student navs we were unnecessary lol.

wolfpackpilot said:
"Did I mention it does a go around with A/P & A/T engaged? All the monkey (thats me) has to do is hit FLCH and LNAV."

Guess we'll have to teach you how to fly again when upgrade time rolls around....

wolfpackpilot said:
Then the sim instructor gives me a bananna and I go poop in the corner.

Quick story.... One day, I was sitting on the jumpseat of a UAL 777. The Captain, who was fairly new to the airplane, was like a kid with a new toy. He wanted to show me everything that airplane would do. While we were in cruise, he kept talking about everything it would do automatically....and mentioned several times that before long it really WOULD be semi-trained monkeys flying the thing.

At that point, the FO reached over to his flight bag.....pulled out three bananas....gave us each one, and kept one for himself. It wasn't until we had all eaten half of the dang thing that the irony hit us. According to the Captain..... "Apparently, it's already happened" :D

FracCapt,

I rode the jump seat on a 777 once. Ive never seen a flight deck so big. The CRT screens looked liked 42" plasmas. The best part of all, the pilot seats were electric.

PS. I was just kidding about pooping in the corner... they have newspapers on the floor in the breakroom!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back