Average Annual Salary For First Year FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FutureRJPilot

I am a student pilot right now, still a couple years from being anywhere near an airline, and I was wondering what the average annual salary right now is, for a first year first officer with a regional. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure here, any information is appreciated, thanks.

Hold onto your hat....my first year I made a whopping 17K......pay sucks dude.

my first year at Allegheny I started at 23.40/hour. I grossed about 34,000 per diem included in my first 12 months but that was a differant time (things movin fast, no reserve, we did/made up our own pay sheets and nobody was flyin jets into buildings)

Now that same starting rate is 21/hour. Your looking at reserve for about a year at 75 hr per month at 21 is 1575 plus say 300 to 400 per month in per diem (nontaxed) so average 350 in perdiem and you have (12x1575)+(12x350)= 23100. Maybe a little more if you hussle the people in sked.

I was on track for about 16000ish before I got furloughed. If you run across hourly payscales just take the hourly rate, muliptly by 1000, and you can approximate your annual gross pay to within 10 percent or so.

Made roughly $20K including per diem first year at PSA. Was on reserve for six months.

Made $30K last year as a more senior FO. I always bid for the high-time lines.

$ ?

probably around 26 K with perdiem and salary @ 19.02/hr, but you have to move yourself, pay for your own uniform, plates, etc...but at least I got to hock that dorky hat for $5 bucks..no longer a required uniform piece, sweeeet deal!

probably around 26 K with perdiem and salary @ 19.02/hr,

To make that kind of per diem at your rate, you'd have to have 7000 hours TAFB per year. That's 583 hours per month. Are you sure?
-----------------------------------------

First year pay at Air Wisconsin, CRJ and Bae146 @ $24 per hour = $24K per year

Maybe $5000 per year per diem, 275 hours per month @ $1.50

Last edited:
Per diem is a latin word for by the day, and it refers to pay we receive for food and other expenses. It's usually an hourly rate from about $1/hr to $1.75 or so, and it starts from when you report to when you finish a trip. It adds up to quite a bit over the year, and the tax situation with per-diem is a bit better than regular pay.

Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back