Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SKYLAWYER

Saving Pilot Certificates
I would like to know how many younger guys are employed at the frax, especially NetJets. I have pretty good times, a ATP, and 121 experience. I exceed the hiring minimums at most places just suffer from being a little younger (25) than what most of the new hire frax guys seem to be. My biggest downfall is that I look much younger than that and have often found this to be hurtful in aviation at times. CS seems to load every page with the reminder that thier average pilot is 40 years old, and was just curious what kind of market exists for the younger guys. I know a big part of it has to do with the customers preferring to see someone older at the controlls because they perceive this as being much more experienced. Thanks for the info, not hoping to start a big war just looking for a little guidance from the guys who have been around the block. It's discouraging to breeze through sim evals, tech interviews, and Hr interviews just to have customer service tell you your great but lack the LOOK they want in thier pilots. ( Been there done that with a major Corp company I won't mention)

Tried the military, lot of muslim terrorists growing in the middle east that need killed, the military are hiring pilots, the military hire young pilots only.

I just got on not too long ago and I am 24...I had a couple of more guys in my new hire class were also in their mid 20's ....

A friend of mine at Gulfstream SAV told me a year ago they had a contract pilot hang it up at 82, still sharp as a tack - just tired of doing it. Stay healthy guys.

Archie Bunker said:
Oldest is 71????? Holy Geritol Batman! Does his F/O help him into the seat?

I sent a birthday card to our senior pilot when he turned 72 recently. I enjoyed my PM exchange with him and he sounded like an active guy with a busy life. To be fair, you can be younger, out of shape and/or overweight, which could cause just as many problems climbing in and out of the seat.

Skylawyer, have you considered growing a beard or mustache? That often helps those who have a desire to look older. It wouldn't hurt to try. Many of us joke about wanting to look younger, but obviously for you it's no laughing matter. Good Luck!
NJW

I have seen some really scary overweight airline pilots walking through terminals doing the guppy walk (breathing thru their mouths gasping).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back