• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvBase?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard not so good things about them. They run you hard, pay very meagerly and make you sign training contracts for types AND recurrent. So the only time you can quit is to time it with your 6 mos. recurrent. I heard that they have gone to court to enforce the contract.

I haven't heard anything lately and things may have changed.

I was offered a job there right after 9/11. At the time they were doing contract flying for Netjets (then Executive Jet) as well as their own charters.

Seemed like really nice people, but I had a better offer and went with that instead. It wouldn't be a bad place for someone just starting out in charter, but for anyone that's been around the block, you might not like the schedule, pay, etc.,

They called me 3 times to come interview, i told them i was very interested in talking with them. They never would commit to anything. I've heard they were a mediocre...<yo company to work for. Long hours and pay not that great either.... I think it was 40k for LJ45 FO and G200 FO, so not that good.

There have been other posts about them. From what I have heard, stay away.
Low pay and you are gone alot. I have heard their Lear captains make $20000
base salary and then get $50.00 per flight hour. Well guess what happens when you fly down South and sit for a week or the airplane is down for MX somewhere. Yep, you're living on that $20000 per year. Do the math. To make $60000 a year, you would have to fly 800 hours. Yikes. I've talked with their pilots at FBOs and they were looking for something else. It seems like another operator taking advantage.

Yuck! I'm looking to leave the left seat at a regional for the right job, and AvBase sounds distinctly like the wrong one. Well, thanks for the input, everybody.

Stay away- Guess why they are always hiring every few months?. You got it, speak to a few of their former pilots and you will pass on this without a second thought. A board search will also do the trick... Fred Kirby is a nice guy, just a sh!tty operation and work rules.

3 5 0

From experience in dealing with this company I would stay away. We have completed charters for them in the past and had to literally fight to get our money from them. They like to promise alot of things and then when redemption day comes along they "run for the hills". De Palma gave us his word and that fell through a couple of times. Be aware of this company.

Yep, I second that. I promoted one of their birds to three charter companies and they said exactly the same thing. Long overdue on paying for co-brokered trips.

Latest resources

Back