Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Stupid question? Probably, but here goes.

How do you create a personal avatar? I always get the message that the avatar is too big. How can I shrink the size of it? I think the limits are 150 X 150.

The way I did it was to import the image into Paint and then using the crop function, I selected a 150x150 portion of the image. Pictures tend to loose thier quality as you shrink them. If you want to see how big 150x150 is, you can set image size under one of the menus in Paint. Then go to your User CP on Flightinfo and import it.

Have Fun,

--03M

just go into Photoshop, open your image, then goto Image size and change to 150X150. Send me the image, ill change it for you.

There was also a post a long time ago about a website that had a jpeg shrinker. I think if you search under avatar you will find it. If I have time I'll look for it.

Good thread, I came about that problem myself a few days ago but hadn't had time to fiddle around with it. Thanks for asking Flying Illini.

Just figured it out

If your using a Mac and have iPhoto you can just customize the jpeg's dimensions with the editing option and Export the pic.

I opened mine in Photosuite and on the top you can choose to "edit" then "resize". save that then use it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back