Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buckeye70 said:
If that "above and beyond" service leads to extra revenue, then they shouldn't mind paying us while we are in company training. They need to start focusing a little on taking care of the employees as well or they will spend big $$ training new employees every year when everyone leaves.

P.S.
Has anyone else flown that witch? She doesn't practice what she preaches.

Buckeye, you are accomplishing nothing but showing your ignorance at this point. The woman in questions has a significant amount of experience in customer service training. I have flown her personally and had a great experience. Perhaps if you stopped complaining for a while you might learn something. They do pay us during etiquette training. No one is forcing you to stay here.

Noodles said:
You know, that's got to be one of the funniest things I've read on here in a long time! I don't think that witch could teach anyone anything about etiquette since she seems to be sorely lacking herself. As for "elite levels of service," this company will never reach that with the current people in charge. It'll always be just a Mickey Mouse operation.

If you want to provide service above and beyond, get a bigger plane, and hire some flight attendants to be back there and pour drinks and kiss up.

Noodles I suppose if you were in charge it would be perfect!

It cetainly wouldn't be perfect, but it couldn't be much worse. If you can keep the people that are higher up from interfering with the pilots, things would certainly be better. I, too, have flown the witch in question, and all I can say is, what a piece of work. You've got to be the only person here who had a good experience with her, because everybody else I've heard from thinks she's a total a$$.

It's been said earlier, as long as the same management is in charge, you'll continue to be well underpaid and overworked. I once had the "hang around and see if it improves" attitude but bailed after the endless stream of "keep 'em around with promises" tactics. It's so obvious. It's a great group of pilots that work there, but management will promise you the world and devise bonus pay tactics to keep you from leaving. When all it really takes is some appreciation and decent pay. I could never figure out how the number crunchers (Lord knows who that is because as in all other positions that's been turned over too) could justify $18k-20k in training costs per person instead of working to keep what they have. Not to mention, with the Avanti everytime someone splits, they're almost always replaced with someone new to the equipment so there is a safety issue as well.

I guess any pay adjustments will get lost in repainting the a/c in red, handing out Vespas to owners and etiquette classes. Let's see, teach my pilots yessir, nosir or concentrate on keeping folks with time in the a/c. I'll bet the owners would prefer a safer ship over Vespas......just a guess though.

I am not sure if this is a correct statement but a guy that was passing though an FBO that I was hanging out in told me that Avantair is hiring with very low mins. I was wondering if anyone working for them knows if that is the case.

Planejockey,

The last I heard from TC, the chief pilot, the hiring mins are 2000tt and 500me. That was last week, so who knows what the mins are today.

Dilligaff

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back