• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my humble and uniformed opinion, I think there will always be a NE base for Avantair.

Maybe HPN, EWR, TEB or something like that.

It's my understanding that CDW will still be a pilot base and a limited mx base. Only the office functions will move to PIE.

I think Avantair has great potential, but they need more experienced and qualified managers to run the place.

Buckeye,

I've flown the witch in question. She was pleasant to us. However, I've spoken to others who have flown her and they had a very different experience.

Dilligaff

Upgrades

Once agian I ask the ?

How long for upgrades to the left seat?
Will they hire into the left seat?
How does one live on $25,000 and have a good attitude?
What is the perdium?
Do you keep your airline miles?
4 or 5 Star hotels on the road?

All info is good....It seems hard to get info on this place.

Thanks

Autoparts2 said:
Once agian I ask the ?

How long for upgrades to the left seat?
Will they hire into the left seat?
How does one live on $25,000 and have a good attitude?
What is the perdium?
Do you keep your airline miles?
4 or 5 Star hotels on the road?

All info is good....It seems hard to get info on this place.

Thanks

1) Depends on how much they like you. Upgrades are not seniority based since there is no seniority system.
2) Yes, but I don't remember what the mins were, and I've heard that it came down from upon high to not hire anymore captains.
3) Ramen noodles
4) $1.58/hr
5) Yes
6) Depends on who books the hotel, the rate, and what is available where you are.

If you have specific questions, PM me and I'll try and answer.

Noodz

Any new rumors about jet aircraft? Someone mentioned the Hawker Horizon at one point but I have heard nothing recently...

Jolimon said:
Etiquette school is part of the commitment to "elite levels of service". It is pretty much a given that the aircraft is the best in the category. Providing service above and beyond the other fractionals will provide career opportunites certainly out weighing the two days.

You know, that's got to be one of the funniest things I've read on here in a long time! I don't think that witch could teach anyone anything about etiquette since she seems to be sorely lacking herself. As for "elite levels of service," this company will never reach that with the current people in charge. It'll always be just a Mickey Mouse operation.

If you want to provide service above and beyond, get a bigger plane, and hire some flight attendants to be back there and pour drinks and kiss up.

Dilligaf: I heartily agree. The company has great potential, but we need to get the right people in the right positions. The revolving CP position is an example. I thought DV was great. Has anyone heard the real reason DV was axed? I also think TC is a good guy, but SHEESH....how many have we had since you've been here? I quit counting. I think the process of putting some managers in place was determined by who was standing closest to the decision maker at the time.

Noodles: I had the thought of sitting in etiquette class and presenting her with situations based on her behavior and asking how she would handle it. what do you think? lol

I hear the two Premiers are coming back. Temporary basis?

Seems like the company has been paying astronomical amounts to charter jets for the Avanti backup. The Premier cabin is larger than the Citations and Lears that have been chartered. The owners who get to ride in a Lear, etc complain about the "cabin" size. King Airs are too slow and not desired by the owners.

I also understand that a company has been contracted to manage the "spares" for the Avanti. What that means I'm not sure, if parts are an issue with the factory, why hire someone else to manage the parts network? They have set up an office in the PIE hangar.

Buckeye70 said:
Noodles: I had the thought of sitting in etiquette class and presenting her with situations based on her behavior and asking how she would handle it. what do you think? lol

I think that would be absolutely perfect! I'd love to hear the answers she gives. That's going to be the biggest waste of time sitting through all that crap.

I always swore I would never get involved in this forum, but I can't take the events that are taking place at Avantair. I remember last year when we had the "union scare" and we got the letter saying about all the changes that were going to take place and now they are almost all but gone. Maybe it is time we the pilots of Avantair got a union, and sent a message to SS that we want to be respected.
I agree with Noodles that employee morale is in the toilet and something needs to change. This company is being run poorly right now and it upsets me. This company could be so great but they need to be good to the people that are here! If you want to give above and beyond service, do it to the employees that are here, and they will pass it on to the owners. A pilot who is run to death with 15 minute turn times, no sleep from non stop calls from scheduling, and being treated like a 3 year old from management will never put off a good image to our owners.
I dont want anyone to get the wrong idea about me on this board. I think Avantair is poised to be one of the best fractionals with one of the most unique planes in the marketplace, and I intend to stay at Avantair. I have been through so much already and I am not about to give up because I hope that the company will get it together or that a union will get involved to prove we as pilots are serious!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back