Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ACT700

What's it doing now?
I was just wondering if anyone had any current info on Avantair. I did the search, but most of the stuff is 5-6 months old.
Lifesyle, pay, schedule, the regular.

Thanks in advance.

What I heard...

7 on 5 off. Around 40K for capt. Cool airplane. Bases in Caldwell, NJ, PIE, and S. Cali.? All I know.

Avantair

I have worked for Avantair for the past two months and am having a good time. The schedule is 8 on and 7 off right now but that is pretty subjective. Pay is around 25k for FO's and 41k for first year captains. The story is one new airplane about every 45 days for the next few years. Good company with great leadership although experiencing a few growing pains

I spoke with the Director of HR at NBAA. Things seem promising, but he infomred me that they are only hiring "captains" right now (not sure of mins). Will start as FO, then upgarde in a few months. Sounds like a good company with good potential. What is going on with CDW? I've heard it will be mostly a maintenance base, but heard elsewhere that it will one of the main domiciles. Any insight?

Hiring is mostly Capt's right now. They will hire more FO's probably early n ext year as we get more aircraft. CDW right now is primarily just company headquarters but they hope to have more maint. out of there soon. A large number of our pilots are also based out of there. Right now Reno, NV is the fastest growing base with Maint personel soon to follow. As far as capt's go they are wanting a lot of multi-engine turbine time or piaggio time.

Nightowl,

what do you mean that the 8 on, 7 off schedule is "subjective"? Do you have hard days off or are you on a beeper?

Also, do you know what second-year FO pay is and how long the upgrades are?

Seems like a cool company, but with starting FO pay at only 25k, maybe I'd be better off with a regional.

The schedule is working into a hard schedule. You can count on having at least 5 hard days off but right now they like you to be flexible on days that you work to accomadate airline schedules to get you home.

Right now there is no second year FO pay. They expect you to upgraded by then. It's about an eight month upgrade right now. so not to bad. I had several regional offers before I took this job and I don't regret it at all. It's a good life. You don't live on a beeper and they are very understanding on time off.

commuting?

Can any of you guys at Avantair tell me what their policy is on commuting? Do you have to live in the domicile?

Latest resources

Back