avantair gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Last edited:
Skywest, Express Jet and Mesaba give out tons of checklist stuff, memory items, flows, cockpit posters . . . I don't see anything wrong with getting info up front

Heavy Set said:
I just saw a Piaggio ad with the Collins-equipped Avanti. Will Avantair be getting any of the upgraded cockpit versions themselves? What percentage of any new Avantis will be the upgraded version in the future?

Also, any recent news or rumors about more jet aircraft in the future (beyond the few Premier Jets already on the property)?

That's a good question - will Avantair be getting the Pro Line Collins-equipped Avantis in the future?

Actually thats a dumb question because the only Avanti now being made is the Avanti II which only comes equipped with the Collins Pro Line.

FlyWithSean said:
Actually thats a dumb question because the only Avanti now being made is the Avanti II which only comes equipped with the Collins Pro Line.

So, you are then telling me that all future Avantis at Avantair will be equipped with the new Pro Line equipment? Sorry, I didn't get the memo - hence the question.

How many more Avantis on order at Avantair and have any of the newer Avantis been delivered yet?

Yes all new Avantis that Avantair gets will be the Avanti II with the Collins Pro Line and more powerful engines, increased speed, higher usuable weight and so on and so forth.

FlyWithSean said:
Yes all new Avantis that Avantair gets will be the Avanti II with the Collins Pro Line and more powerful engines, increased speed, higher usuable weight and so on and so forth.

Thanks. Certainly the Avanti is already a very capable aircraft, and the Pro Line will make it that much more enjoyable to fly.

Itza screamah.....

On Your Six said:
Thanks. Certainly the Avanti is already a very capable aircraft, and the Pro Line will make it that much more enjoyable to fly.

The Avanti is very capable of making a sheet load of noise. Those spaghetti jets create quite a DB filled environment when flying over my dwelling.

I am in the process of writing a letter to whoever will listen to put hush kits on those P&W screamers.

Premiers back to Raytheon? Hahahahahah. NO surprise there. Get flying some real aircraft. Time to restart the King Air fractional. Now there's a capable aircraft.

Just my two danir's worth.

The Avanti ain't got nuttin on the Mitz when it comes to creating noise. Besides, who cares how loud it is outside. Inside is all that matters. All you need in that Avanti is the teeny Telexes

Turbinehead said:
The Avanti is very capable of making a sheet load of noise. Those spaghetti jets create quite a DB filled environment when flying over my dwelling.

I am in the process of writing a letter to whoever will listen to put hush kits on those P&W screamers.

Premiers back to Raytheon? Hahahahahah. NO surprise there. Get flying some real aircraft. Time to restart the King Air fractional. Now there's a capable aircraft.

Just my two danir's worth.

I don't think a hush kit could even be retrofitted on the Avanti because of the close proximity of the exhaust and props. Most of that woodchipper sound comes from the exhaust hitting the props, kinda like talking into a fan.

Latest resources

Back