Avantair D.O.?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Quimby

Does anybody know who the D.O. is at Avantair. Any truth to the rumor of a Chicago base? Thanks.

Frank Parrella. Heard nothing of the sort about Chicago.

Doing a bunch of hiring in the coming months. Anyone that is interested should get resumes in. www.avantair.com Bases are RNO, PIE, CDW - no others right now. You have the flexibility to live away from bases if you want to make the drive to your base.

Great bunch of people to work for and a growing company that holds allot of promise. New and unique equipment doesn't hurt either.

I've done a thread search on Avantair but am looking for any more up to date info. Hiring in the next few months? Can you pick which of the 3 bases you want, or are you assigned one? Any other general info on the company would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Quimby said:
I've done a thread search on Avantair but am looking for any more up to date info. Hiring in the next few months? Can you pick which of the 3 bases you want, or are you assigned one? Any other general info on the company would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Yes, classes in Dec. and Jan.. I can also see more after that as well, but they aren't planned. Yes, in most cases you can pick. Reno is short on pilots (or at least was) so that may be their preference.

RVSM and 135 to be completed Jan-Feb. At least 1 new plane every 45 days for the next few years. The exact times are obscure, but those with a good amount of total,twin and turbine time move to the left quickly.

hey hyper....do you happen to know how many they are hiring and what the training is like....i've heard that an avanti sim doesn't exist. true? avant sounds like a great company, i've heard nothing but good things....do they have mins that they stick to or are they flexible and take pilots that they feel could handle the job? just curious.....

808pilot said:
hey hyper....do you happen to know how many they are hiring and what the training is like....i've heard that an avanti sim doesn't exist. true? avant sounds like a great company, i've heard nothing but good things....do they have mins that they stick to or are they flexible and take pilots that they feel could handle the job? just curious.....
Don't have any numbers for you, sorry. Training is a week of ground school, then hours on the line in the Piaggio as FO (again, uncertain how many). Flight training for captains is done in the aircraft over the course of a few days. Expensive, but the only option right now. Flight Safety is scheduled to have a sim mid-2005.
They don't really have any hardcore mins that I know of. Capt., mins are pretty high, but I have any exact figures. They are not afraid to terminate those that just don't cut it in the cockpit.

Latest resources

Back