Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair, Alpha Flying, or Cape Air Training Contracts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
btw, the left seat at Avantair has all the OT they can stomach.

Didn't they go bankrupt and steal everyone's money that they required to be paid in advance? Or was that someone else? It's been 3 or 4 years now I guess...

That's them. They were careful to tie up their personal money in assets that couldn't be touched after the bankruptcy, so they're all still living well, I'm sure. Me? 40 years old and have to rent a room at my parents' house. At least my three year-old likes to see alot of her grandmother. Guess that's the up-side of things.

Thanks to Avantair, things have turned around. I'll upgrade a little later this year and life will be back to normal. Even though it has been a few years now, it still burns like it happened last week.

I was told the cost of training at Alpha was $18K. The payback is over 18 months in 6 month increments.

Yellowjacket

I don't yet know what the cost of training is, I don't start for a few months so I really don't know much other than what I learned at the interview.

Regarding the non-compete: Its highly unlikely I'd be able to make more money or have a better QOL flying a pilatus for anyone else, so I really have no problem with it.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually signed or even seen the whole MOU yet, I'm just relating what I've been told so far. I may very well be forgetting a detail or two.

Training Contracts Take Hit In Court!!!

Take a look at ainonline.com. Click on News, then chose charter and fractional. Dated 01 March 2008 the article is titled "No clear winner in the Flexjet training lawsuit." It is very interesting.

Latest resources

Back