Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyzimex

Hi, it's me again :D

What is the "expected earliest availability" norm when offered a position?

Are commitments made to a current employer usually being respected by the new company, and I'm not talking about months now, or do they expect you to be available within two weeks?
I'm sure the new employer expects and appreciates it if you hold to your commitments made to them in return, if everything is played fair.

I understand every company has their own view on this, but what is the norm (if there is such a thing as a norm).

I just don't want to burn any bridges if I would have to leave my current employer.

Also, should I disclose my commitments during the interview or wait and bring it up if offered the job?

Thanks,

FZ

Hi, it's me again :D

What is the "expected earliest availability" norm when offered a position?

Are commitments made to a current employer usually being respected by the new company, and I'm not talking about months now, or do they expect you to be available within two weeks?
I'm sure the new employer expects and appreciates it if you hold to your commitments made to them in return, if everything is played fair.

I understand every company has their own view on this, but what is the norm (if there is such a thing as a norm).

I just don't want to burn any bridges if I would have to leave my current employer.

Also, should I disclose my commitments during the interview or wait and bring it up if offered the job?

Thanks,

FZ

2 weeks notice on the application. If offered a class date, its always best to take the first available.

And wait till offered the job. It might be months away.

Some companies will be able to offer you more than one class date. Word to the wise: don't take the first class date unless you are positive you can get there. No show's are not looked on kindly.

Latest resources

Back