• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Australia's Pilot Shortage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When they advert. on the "orange pages" I'll believe it.

Australian population: 22.4M (2010 est.)

Texas Population: 24.8M (2009 est.)

Somehow I don't think in today's economy, there's that big a demand for them down there.

When they advert. on the "orange pages" I'll believe it.

Australian population: 22.4M (2010 est.)

Texas Population: 24.8M (2009 est.)

Somehow I don't think in today's economy, there's that big a demand for them down there.

The economy is not as bad in Oz as it is in the U.S. specially since their major costumer for the most prominent exports (different mining products, cement, salt, beef) is the Asian countries and the economy in Asia is weathering this economical downturn fairly well. Their aviation industry will experience growth in the next few years and this will see the return of many of the Aussies that are working in the expat market

The economy is not as bad in Oz as it is in the U.S. specially since their major costumer for the most prominent exports (different mining products, cement, salt, beef) is the Asian countries and the economy in Asia is weathering this economical downturn fairly well. Their aviation industry will experience growth in the next few years and this will see the return of many of the Aussies that are working in the expat market

Ergo, no shortage.

Is that "Kenny" like the Aussie character who rents port-a-potties? Very funny guy.

Kenny!!!!

You moved back to the motherland mate!! Looks like you got on with VB, how's things going?? A friend of mine just got hired a few months back. How long have you worked there now?

Let's review the law of supply and demand.

As long as pilots are willing to ACCEPT $20,000 per year,....there will be airlines willing to PAY $20,000 per year.

It's up to you. Are you going to accept ridiculously low wages just so you can tell everyone that you're "an airline pilot"? And don't tell me how "seniority is everything!!" It's not.

Latest resources

Back