• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aussies lauch scram-jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its nothing new. we alreday have it, have you heard of the Aurora?

I actually don't personally believe that the Aurora exists. Maybe it does, what the hell do I know, but I doubt it. I'd like to see a general consensus of guys/gals on this board-Who thinks the Aurora is real and who thinks it's just a myth, like elvs, Atlantis, the Bermuda Triangle and eskimos?

My vote- Myth

I saw a lot of evidence of it about 7 years ago. The Aerospace Engineering Department Head at the college I was attending had photos, news articles etc. I'm pretty sure it exists. Most likely a NASA project for launching satelites. The thing about the pictures is that it looked a lot like the one stage to orbit proposals that NASA has been advertising.

Have you ever seen the pictures and models of the stealth fighter before it was released. There was some ideas of aircraft that look like they came straight from "Buck rogers" 'man I sound like my father'.

As for the scram jet, Nasa I think had two or three. They crashed all of them.

London to Sydney in 2 hours ??? That'll give a whole new meaning of staying ahead of the airplane.:)

I think its real.

I remember reading somewhere that the geological wizards who monitor the San Andres fault in Ca. could track the shuttle and eve tell how fast it was traveling by the time it took the sonic boom to travel from one ground sensor to another and they have tracked numerous times, usually late in the evening or early morning a craft going oceanic and one returning from the west that was traveling in excess of mach 4 when no shuttle was up or even scheduled to be launched.

One geologist used several sensors to trace its path and said it roughly pointed in the direction of the Nellis/Groom lake/Area 51 ranges. He also figured the craft was slowing as well at a rate of something like 600 kts per 100 nm and that this deceleration was constant and not just a beginning of a deceleration. Which he took to mean it had been decelerating from a point over the ocean prior to its encounter with the ground based sensors.

What’s even more interesting is the fact that once this story was published in one of the aviation Mags the USG reported the random booms had stopped.

FWIW

But I believe it or something similar is real, out there and flying missions.

When you think about Black Ops projects, remember that the SR-71 was on the drawing board when most Americans were still watching black and white televisions, and flew before the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan.

When you consider that gap in technology, consider what the gap may be now, as technology continues to move at an exponential rate.

I'll bet the Aurora has been supplanted by even newer designs.

I figure if the B2 bomber technology is 20 to 30 years old and the stealth fighter was operating for years in the black, there most likely is some more advanced type of craft flying at the moment. I suppose we will know eventually. I can't imagine development just stopping after the stealth craft were produced.

Latest resources

Back