Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
I'm a pilot with UsAirways Express and am wondering if anyone can tell me if we are allowed to jumpseat on Midwest Express and Skyway? This months commute will be much easier on me if we are OK to ride. BTW, any 121/135 pilots are welcome with us!
Thanks Much.

Check with your company Jumpseat Cordinator.
And there's, if you don't have an agreement with them.
Have your company J.S.C. try and get one.
I carry a list of who is allowed and who isn't,
our company actually prints us out one every year.
I've jumped with both these companies and they have been
very accomidating.

Rule number one.
1) Always have your ID and certificates ready.

2) Be courteous, it's a free ride.

3) Introduce yourself to the F.A. when able.

I through that in because recently I had a jumpseater
come into the cockpit unannouced and he didn't ask,
he told me he was riding up front with us. I still gave him
the ride but politely explained our procedures are the
same as his company and would appreciate the same
courtesy.

I fly for Express (Colgan) and ride on Skyway all the time between MKE and ATW, GRB. A great bunch of pilots. Just a note, they take unlimited jumpseaters on the Beech, and one on the Dojet. I've used Midwest Express between LGA-MKE and BOS-MKE as well as MKE-ATW. All have been very pleasant and a joy to meet.

FlightTraker

Saying you work for US Airways Express is a little vague. Saying that US Airways Express takes anyone 121 or 135 is not correct, perhaps your airline does, but that's not true for all of us. For specific info from a Midwest Express guy you might want to mention the actual airline you work for, and they can check their list.

I have worked for Skyway for over 2 years and, the only time we have ever refused a jumseater was for W & B purposes. If there's an empty seat (at least at skyway) we'll let you have it. I am not quite sure as to what Midwests' policies are, though. We do appreciate it if you help the F/A cross the seatbelts at the end of the flight.
Just hope we stay in business long enough to give you a ride!
hope this helps.

Hi!

PS-They're now called "Midwest Airlines" and "Midwest Connection" (MidEx/Skyway previously).

Cliff
DTW

DOJO jump

We'll take as many jumpers as we have open seats in the DoJet and the beech as far as I know. Never had to refuse a ride unless weight issues, especially with the new weights.

As for Midwest Expr.... I mean Midwest Airlines, I have no idea what their policy is. It recently changed for us.....
Any Midwest Air pilot wanna clarify?

Hope it helps-
-TC

HI TUNA!!!!!!!

Thanks Thunderchief,

I had a gate agent tell me only one jumpseater on the DoJet because there is an actual seat (unlike the Beech). I will have to remember that the next time I go thru MKE.

FlightTraker

Latest resources

Back