• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attn: Jetblue commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
big D has that as well...I HOPE that once we transition to SABRE for our gate computers and reservations..ect...that this will be the case. Hell, I think it should print up a B&W copy of your CASS pic.

You are incorrect Captain. Go back and re read Hoskins email closely dude. Hope you don't bump some poor guy trying to go home because you can't get your facts straight. This is how rumors get started. The only people banned from our JS is JB management. It says so in the email you just need to be able to read.

Now that's funny. Get back in your hole, Captain.

All off-line pilots are welcome, cockpit or cabin. Fill out the jumpseat form now on though.

Apparently, the agent said the guy was CASS checked. An obvious lie. Other than to get on a computer ourselves, we have had to take the agents word for doing their part of the check-and-balance.

Hopefully we'll be going to a more fool-proof check that other carriers do, and then the system can't be manipulated.

Eliminate Jumpseating for going to and from Work

If the jumpseat is taken away the company's will have less of a pool of employees to chose from, there by making and Employee think long and hard about where he/she want to move to and work for. this will give employees a bit more leverage when there are less people willing to whore them selves out for a few bucks just to build Hours or take those Crappy jobs for now type of thing. we are our own worst enemy.
When the Director of flight ops is chosen does he commute?
Does the CEO commute?
do Mechanics Commute?
No they move to where the job is. this also eliminates the opening and closing of bases at a whim, when the company has to pay everyone move or hire new people to replace those who didn't move.

Incorrect. Offline CASS riders are temporarily not authorized in the JB cockpit pending the TSA and FAA investigation which will most likely result in mandatory retraining. Offline pilots are welcome to non-rev in the cabin or on open cabin jumpseats.

It was bound to happen at some point and is a great kick in the seat of the pants for everyone to be more diligent before we lose this hard-fought privilege.

Careful, AKAAB. Johnboy's right. I got the exact same thing you did from the email but when you read closely and actually look up the FOM reference you'll find that OAL CASS approval is intact, but JB mgmt is banned from the JS. It doesn't make any sense to me either, but that's what it says.

If the jumpseat is taken away the company's will have less of a pool of employees to chose from, there by making and Employee think long and hard about where he/she want to move to and work for. this will give employees a bit more leverage when there are less people willing to whore them selves out for a few bucks just to build Hours or take those Crappy jobs for now type of thing. we are our own worst enemy.
Does the CEO commute?
do Mechanics Commute?
No they move to where the job is. this also eliminates the opening and closing of bases at a whim, when the company has to pay everyone move or hire new people to replace those who didn't move.

Uh..... I'm guessing you don't commute.

Gup

Great Job Guys...

Wow... some of you JETBLUE guys are really impressing everyone here on FlightInfo with your lack of CORRECT information.

The ability to read and understand an EMAIL. I mean... you get an email about jumpseating.... take enough time to read it and understand it! This is one of those important topics... like when do I get paid and where to get picked up by the hotel van.

Craig even highlighted the important sentence in the email.

FOR THE RECORD (as some others have pointed out).

Other Airline CASS Approved Airmen are welcome to jumpseat on the flight deck.

Jetblue Management is now temporarily barred from the flight deck.

This FEDEX guy... which is second hand knowledge to me... only attempted to do something that he can do at FDX I assume. Many cargo carriers allow (DHL/ASTAR first hand knowledge) ANY company employee to travel on company aircraft. Company policies can vary and additional aircraft seating/cockpit door configuration varies... Some use extra seats in the back and some use flight deck jumpseats. Thiis was pre 9/11 for me and was something different I experienced flying boxes. Maybe a FDX guy can update everyone on their policies.

Was it an innocent mistake or something more serious?

Either way... anyone who occupies the flight deck jumpseat needs to be thoroughly verified.

If we screw this up again we're going to have issues people!

Does the CEO commute?
do Mechanics Commute?

Is the ceo faced with his office being moved around the country to RIGHT SIZE the market? Or the office being closed and opened in another STATE? The office closed altogether? Even at Delta a friend in my class has been bumped to his THIRD base in 1 and 1/2 years! :rolleyes: It won't make them think any harder about it because it is never them and it never will be. It won't eliminate anything except cause an even greater hardship for pilots.

Last edited:
Does the CEO commute?

Mesaba Airlines' CEO commuted for years-- White Plains NY (HPN) to Minneapolis (MSP). Company paid for his temporary living expenses (apartment, etc.) in Minnesota.

We never did figure out what, exactly, he did... but we knew that we'd have to listen to him blow sunshine up our butts every Monday and back again every Thursday during the 3 hour flight.

Latest resources

Back