Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
JG is trying to force pay concessions and DAL is buying new uniforms from a fashion designer.

Delta begins month with new uniforms, Song fleet redeployment

Delta premieres its new line of uniforms created by fashion designer Richard Tyler today. This month also marks the return of Song aircraft to the mainline fleet and route structure in preparation for the launch this fall of a new two-class, domestic long-haul product inspired by Song. During this transition period, Delta will continue to offer the flight schedules and nonstop service in all markets previously served by Song with the combined Delta-Song fleet.

“Together, these two events make a bold statement to our customers, competitors and employees that Delta is creating a new breed of airline that is ready to fight for and win our customers’ preference in every market we serve,” said Jim Whitehurst, COO.

What is says to me is "Screw the employees, spend money on frills that glitter and catch the eye".

atlcrashpad said:
JG is trying to force pay concessions and DAL is buying new uniforms from a fashion designer.

Delta begins month with new uniforms, Song fleet redeployment

Delta premieres its new line of uniforms created by fashion designer Richard Tyler today. This month also marks the return of Song aircraft to the mainline fleet and route structure in preparation for the launch this fall of a new two-class, domestic long-haul product inspired by Song. During this transition period, Delta will continue to offer the flight schedules and nonstop service in all markets previously served by Song with the combined Delta-Song fleet.

“Together, these two events make a bold statement to our customers, competitors and employees that Delta is creating a new breed of airline that is ready to fight for and win our customers’ preference in every market we serve,” said Jim Whitehurst, COO.

What is says to me is "Screw the employees, spend money on frills that glitter and catch the eye".

They have been doing this for the last year or so. Each stew gets about $400 worth of "free" clothes to chose from. I saw an example in MCO last week and I wasn't impressed, and our stews don't even look close to those "models" walking down the catwalk in NYC for the fashion show. (I've seen pictures. Great plunging neck line, should look great on our over 60 age grandma stews) And what is with the red tie or scarf? Does it have to do with an eventual NW merger?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't have a problem with the company spending some dollars to update the image and look of the airline to the customer. We'd had the same uniforms for several years now and it's important to keep things like that a bit fresh.

However GL is right though those new uniforms are butt ugly and not well suited to our flight attendants.

I think our flight attendants (and agents) looked great...it was like a fashion show today. I've never seen such an instant-morale boost...everyone was looking at them like they stepped out of the movies. I know I have a better day when I think I look good (keyword=think). Maybe it will help with the overall morale.

Its an investment in the product and they sure do look sharp and some even sexy. Sure seemed dumb at the time (2004), but it was great seeing our hard-working coworkers take some pride in themselves after all of the beatings.

-PF

Latest resources

Back