Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJPilot

All CMR pilots...

Go to the ALPA CMR webboards for critical information and then contact your status rep immediately!

So I hear that your FO Rep has asked the Capt Rep and MEC Chairman to resign. If so, what is up?

Found this on another site

[Quoted from Jetcareers.com forum]
I am by far the most outspoken of the 4 voting members of our MEC. I know each person on our MEC personally and they are good men and women, not one of them is associated with the RJDC. We have been walking a political tightrope at
Comair for 3 years because of (RJDC President) Dan (Ford); we support Dan's constitutional right to LEGALLY do anything he has the money and willpower to do. Do we think he is right? Not really, but we have always told our pilots that if your actions are legal and just, we have no problem with what you do.

The times have changed, our neutral position has changed because Dan could not leave well enough alone and pursue his court case while leaving the MEC out of it. He filed a grievance against the company claiming the same crap; our scope clause isn't protecting us. Both the MEC and Company looked at Dan and said, Huh? When we wouldn't support his grievance he turned on the MEC. JC (Lawson, former CMR MEC Chairman and current ALPA Executive Board member)threw Dan out of his office back in June and told him not to come back. The RJDC has ever since been slowly positioning themselves and their supporters in a manner that has forced the MEC to take a side. Once we did, the fireworks
started. We called in the ALPA big guns at legal and even got DW (Duane Woerth) to come to our LEC meeting, of course the RJDC claims that was some sort of master plot against the locals. We are in separate directions, and Dan
is furious. Last week they put up a front man to formally file a motion for recall of all voting members.

Yes they are trying to hijack the CMR MEC.

Our pilots are on the line, they fly the same routes, same altitudes, sophisticated aircraft and we are Part 121 airline pilots. But we want to be equals and we want that strike to mean something, By far the average CMR pilot
has a degree, walks tall and is VERY PROUD, we are just like you guys.
But we do feel like we're pissed on sometimes, so that's where the frustration comes from. I think we can pull them together (minus the RJDC) and they will support us. But we need meaningful discussions, and I think we will. JC talked to John (Malone, I presume) and Bob(?) last night in DC. We are getting really close here guys.
We are on the brink of finally coming together and working out a plan that just might do some good for all the parties involved, Delta, ASA, CMR pilots, and certainly the company.

Actions speak louder than words, and you will shortly be hearing from the CMR MEC on issues that concern your group. But when it comes out, if the mainline pilots don't support us and put pressure on your own MEC to help us at ASA/CMR, then the RJDC will spin it like the Communist Party they are.

Guys, here's the deal. In the past we haven't made headway because of attitudes and preconceived ideas. Both sides had deal killers, and both sides wanted the upper hand (and yes, the CMR MEC has made mistakes in the past in
the way we talked with you guys). We have finally agreed that nothing to this date has worked, so we're throwing everything off the table and saying, let's talk substance. Lets talk about investment and return, and most importantly lets talk about what is right for this union and its members. So we don't have a plan, other than merging ASA/CMR with one list and one contract, our ears and eyes are open. We're looking to you for guidance and a plan. We have the utmost respect for a Delta Pilot; we just want that same respect. And that's a good thing.

For the sake of this union, please help me in starting a grass roots campaign on your property to get our MEC's together and hammer something out. We get big wins no matter what.

1. Furloughed pilots off the street
2. Comair/ASA pilots get a choice in their future
3. Delta gets to fly what ever the hell it wants
4. And the grand **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** finale, FORD v. ALPA goes into the history books as a failure.

The minute we ink a legal deal among the 3 groups, that judge is going to tell Dan, "Sorry, it looks like your union solved its own problems, case dismissed".

[Name omitted because of a lack of permission to repost]
CMR MEC

Don't really know of what to make of it. I am sure Surplus can help us out here. The rumor was that the FO reps were requesting the resignation of the MEC and Cpt rep, but that does not seem to be what this is saying (or maybe it is?). I do hope that the dialoge will continue though. It is about time this happens.
:rolleyes:

Sounds like the Comair MEC FO reps have finally figured it out---that negotiating with Dalpa instead of fighting them would be in their best long term interests. Finally the junior people, who out number the senior ones, are finally seeing the light. Good---I would rather work with them too....

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes: :cool:

It's about time that the junior guys see the power play and egos so prevelent at the top. Who's looking out for their long-term careers?

It is time that mainline, CMR, ASA circle the wagons!! Let's pull together and get the furloughs back flying and give us all a sound future. We need to squash the "portfolio" concept pronto!

Dam.n, what a hangrenade.

Forgive my ingnorance, but how would ASA/CMR merger (which I strongly support) get the fourlouged guys off of the street?

I agree that too often senior pilots have sold out junior pilots, but I'm concerned about a major power struggle when so much is at stake. When we weaken ourselves, which is what a struggle will do in the short-term, management is the only one who wins.

Surplus, Fins..... what's your read???

Pale- kill the "portfolio" concept and have ASA/CMR and Delta Mainline do the flying. With no contract carriers there is enough flying. Let the furloughs fly the RJ until they can return to their seat and we can hash out our future from there. The main focus is return our flying to us and help the furloughs. Naive? Maybe but I want us to work out a solution together!!

Be carefull negotiating with DALPA. Yes I agree dialog needs to be started and I hope for everyones sake that all flying can be brought back to CMR/ASA/Delta. Just watch your back. Eagle ALPA and AA APA starting talking and "working together".......they even put up a bill board in DFW that said "UNITY" . Then the APA stabbed the Eagle Pilot in the back with one of the biggest knifes in airline history, by secretly negotiating an agreement with AMR that gave AA pilots all future RJ Capt positions and displacing Eagle Rights pilots, without even mentioning this to Eagle ALPA.

I hope the ASA/CMR has better luck and I hope DALPA has more integrity than APA.

Good luck and watch your back.

SF3CA

SF3CA,

I don't think Dalpa wants to ruin the DCI carriers----just do something about our furloughs and the ever growing RJ orders. Since Dalpa has a say in how many RJs DCI can have, someone should do something about helping those furloughs. The job market sucks, mainline pilots have been ordered to give up their seniority numbers in some cases, and some of the DCI carriers are hiring a bunch. It seems fair that some of those furloughs should be hired onto positions on the new RJs that DCI would be getting thanks to Dalpa anyways......

As far as APA and Eagle goes---it sounds like the agreement between the two favored the AA guys---and that mistake has now been seen and probably wouldn't be made again. Regardless, this has to be addressed and SOMETHING has to be done to help those furloughs. If DCI also gets something out of this---like more airplanes---then great.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back