Attn CMR Pilots - Must Read!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General:

Would DALPA suppport the merger of CMR/ASA, combining all flying under DAL/DCI exclusively, and the guarantee of hiring furloughees into new hire classes (without resigning #'s)??

If we could keep all of the flying in house, and help with the furloughees, perhaps DAL/DCI could actually work together:eek:

There are a ton of deatails to work out, but if there were some common goals between DAL/DCI this may get things started.

General,
Do you really think that Delta Management would let ASA, CMR and Delta Mainline get together? I think Delta Management is very content to constantly see the three groups battle each other and they don't have to invest one penny.
R,
Jethro

Palerider,

I think Dalpa wouldn't mind you guys merging, and I would hope that our furloughs could go to ASA/Comair without resigning their numbers. That would be easier on them.

Jethro,

No, I don't think management would want them to merge or all of us to merge---but stranger things have happened. I like the one list idea-----with everyone on one list---stapled of course.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Solution to Combining ASA/Comair

Combining ASA and Comair is scary for DAL Management.. Why?

Because of the power the Union would have. The RJ captains could demand whatever they want and pay would go up tremendously.

If we could find a way to get rid of this threat to management they might like the idea of combining ASA/Comair more.

This is what Eagle did, but there's was a failure. Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't their pay based on an INDUSTRY AVERAGE, but I find it funny because I heard Comair isn't one of the airlines averaged in because their pay is too high. Their pay is obviously a failure, so it would have to be an improvement to the EAGLE CONTRACT.

ONE IDEA FOR A SOLUTION: ASA/Comair COULD COMBINE and demand pay that is say 5-10% above the average of the 3-5 highest paid pilot groups that fly a certain aircraft like the 50 or 70 seat RJ.

This way the pay at ASA/Comair could never skyrocket away from the other RJ operators and be a complete threat to management.

Both parties could then win. The threat of massive strikes would be eliminated by something like this, and Delta management could combine ASA and Comair's managements and save money there.

If we can find a solution to get rid of Delta management's fears ASA/Comair could be a reality.

Jet

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back