Attn: Beechjet pilots (fuel temps)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Machdog1

My company has 4 Hawker 400s (beechjets) and we do a lot of NY's to south florida during the winter time and I have noticed that the fuel temperatures have been bottoming out at the -40 limit a lot lately on these 2 plus hour flights. Is this happening to a lot to other guys out there because I have to lose like 10,000ft just to stay at that current temperature, and of course that is destroying my fuel burn. Just looking for any advise out there about what other people are doing. Man I wish we had fuel heaters on that thing.

Thanks

My company has 4 Hawker 400s (beechjets) and we do a lot of NY's to south florida during the winter time and I have noticed that the fuel temperatures have been bottoming out at the -40 limit a lot lately on these 2 plus hour flights. Is this happening to a lot to other guys out there because I have to lose like 10,000ft just to stay at that current temperature, and of course that is destroying my fuel burn. Just looking for any advise out there about what other people are doing. Man I wish we had fuel heaters on that thing.

Thanks

Curious what kind of RAT are you showing on these trips? I haven't had an issue yet this winter operating from Louisiana to Colorado.

...and while we're on the subject, could somebody explain to me why -40 is still the limit, even though you're not running Jet B?

Fly safe!

David

Hasn't been an issue for us so far. Idaho to Texas. I think the closest we have come is about -30

Thanks

done lots of long legs...havent had a problem yet...by the way YOURE WEAK!!!

Machdog, you're not the only one. On three seperate occasions in December we had to descend earlier than we initially intended to due to fuel temps in the 400A.
And as a side note I've noticed that the decrease in fuel temp down to -30 seems fairly gradual, but from there to -40 does not seem to take long at all!
Of course there's a chance that last ten degrees seems to cool off faster due to my desire not to see the fuel temp at the MINIMUM temp limit.

:p

Latest resources

Back