ATR's staying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup, dyslexia I got...

Tell ya what...hang out on your front porch and someone will be along to deliver your mule and 40 acres anytime now...

You know....I'm still waiting for that....

...any day now...

Don't worry once Obama gets in you will get it.

I'm going to miss this environment when I'm ultimatetly assimilated into the 'astro-not' culture... [hopefully not too soon.]

You will miss it for about 2 weeks. Then you will wonder how/why you EVER flew that thing for so long. Everybody who came over from the EMB said the same thiing until finished with IOE. Ask any of them which one they would rather fly. Yeah, they say they miss it, but they would never go back.

I've been outta ASA for over a year now...and I STILL think the ATR program blew away the barbie jet's. Man, I still miss the crews and the room parties and all. I don't know if it's still the same since a lot of us "Badda Bing..." founders have moved on.

In defense of the CRJ, of course it was nice finally getting above the wx and PACKs that cooled better. Now...don't chastize me, the RJ program is very good...but the "gentlemen's club" of the ATR was excellent. And I tell ya what, flying the ATR for so many years and LOTS of heavy winds makes you a pretty damn good stick in cross winds.

...ahh, there will always be that special "sweating my ass off" place in my heart for the A T Rah. In 11 year of commercial flying, she gave me my only declared emergency to date....N643AS.

On that note, I've heard from several sources that JB is reworking the RJ training department to make it more like the ATR. No matter who you talk to (that knows anything about ASA), the ATR training department is well known as an excellent training department. I've heard this from guys that came over from the jet, even. I've heard from several guys, both prop and jet, that this will be an upgrade for the jet training department.

Jeez, you make the RJ training sound like that of the Brasilia.

Latest resources

Back