• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATR Captains Needed in Ireland

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course! If you can sling gear on a barbie jet, training for other aircraft is really just a formality anyway.

You sir are a ****************************** bag. But thanks for the reply. I was being serious. I have family in Ireland and I think it would be a cool job. I would say that most companies that hire you have to train you in new aircraft, I fail to see why this company would be different.

Blue, asking never hurts but, you should read up on contract flying overseas. The VAST MAJORITY of contracts are only for people that are type rated on the specific aircraft.

Try www.pprune.org for more info on the various contracts out there.

I'd give three fingers (or the good half of my liver) to fly and live in Ireland. A friend commands the short bus for Aer Lingus, and has a pretty darned good QOL. I still have dreams about my first visit over there... it's a fantastic country.

A Few Answers......

If you are American and NOT a European National, The first problem is the work permit. Aer Arann can demonstrate a shortage of qualified ATR Captains and thus get the government to grant you a permit. That is why you must arrive with a Type in the ATR. Aer Arann will not give you one.

That being said, you might be able to buy one in the States or even over here. For $25,000(???) you might get your foot in the door and still be ahead, money wise, after a year.

For those with SIC hours or low hours in ATR, there is some flexibility in the system and each case is different. I believe there is also a need for a few FOs. It is worth an email to check things out. Contact [email protected]. She'll have most answers for your specific situations.

Latest resources

Back