• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATR Barrel Roll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tex did this way back in a 707. Like he said, as long as you keep 1G on the airplane it doesn't know the difference.

You can roll a 172 or even a Seminole but rolling a transport airplane is stupid. By the way not sure if those pics depict a 1g maneuver.

You can roll a 172 or even a Seminole but rolling a transport airplane is stupid. By the way not sure if those pics depict a 1g maneuver.

NO, try again. Rolling ANYTHING that is not certified for at least limited aerobatics by any pilot that is not qualified as an aerobatic pilot, IS RETARDED.

Little stuff leads to big stuff.

By all accounts they were outstanding pilots...

http://www.flightsafety.org/ap/ap_june94.pdf

Hoover and the commander, Sabreliner; Tex and the 707 were a "little" different. Test pilots with many hours spent hunting for the fine feathered edge of aircraft performance on dozens of variations, of hundreds of aircraft.

They knew their limits, as well as they knew the aircraft they test flew.

Refer to the quote below,

Last edited:
I don't think that was a msn sim photo, because of the many articles in the newspapers. Both pilots of the ATR were also going to be in an airshow coming up, but I don't think the ATR was going to be part it.

Rolling an airliner may be idiotic, but it's cute idiotic, and lots of folks have done it.

Doing it in broad daylight at low level over an airport and a city, that sets new standards of idiocy.

For anyone considering rolling an airplane not certified to do so...please don't roll an airplane that I may fly. I don't want to die because you want to go upside down.

Latest resources

Back