• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP's instructor courses???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would I have to brave the 4995 to go to the "Total CFI Course"? or can they work this out for me?

No, if you check the website you'll see that they offer both the ME and MEI sepperate of the total CFI course.

I agree with air jackson on most everthing he has said. I went through the program in the summer of 2002 at the Dallas location. I thouroughly enjoyed the program and would do it again in a heart beat. Some of the things others have said about the program may be true of other locations but I know for sure jax,dal, and atl are excellent and I'm sure many of the other ones are also. The aircraft I flew in dallas were very well maintained, all new aircraft at this particular location, dual garmin 430's (if you have never used the 430 it is nice). As far as ATP hiring people outside there program, it very few if any. When I went through even some of the guys graduating didn't have a garanteed job with them after the program. After completing the program to even get a job you must fly with their senior pilot and trust me if you have no clue about the aircraft and have no business flying the PA44 then you will not. The main instructor who teaches the CFI program in JAX is ex FAA and wrote about half the PTS and I believe some FAR's so he knows his Sh@#. As far as the price for the entire program was about 32,000 plus 2400 in examiners fees EXACTLY like the website states. There were no hidden fees at all, what they told me was it. The apt's are good according to what location you go to some of them are old and some a little newer but none of them are bad at all, I stayed in most of them throughout my training. I got somewhere around 140 hours of actual multi time and flew in a lot of good weather. The dispatch there is excellent, they use some of the best technology there is to inform there students about weather, maintenance and other things. I personally got a coast to coast trip and had a lot of fun doing it. I really don't know what else to say about ATP but I don't have anything at all negative. I'm sure everyone has there opinion about the program and I'm sure some instructors may not be as good as others but that is to be expected.

Re: Please.....

need2AV8 said:
For your own sake, please check with someone who performs airline interviews to hear what they feel about pilots that come out of those programs. I could tell you, but you wouldn't believe me. There are many on this board who could tell you how schools like this do NOT make the most proficient pilot.

Actually, from my experience you are incorrect. Although some opinions may vary.

I just spoke to a United Pilot the other day who told me he new of a few guys off hand who did their training at ATP and that they are VERY proficient pilots.

Shane

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back