Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL350

WAR EAGLE!!!!
Got in a discussion with someone the other day and figured this would be the place to clarify the answer.

If you fail your ATP written, do you have to wait or get an instructor sign off to take it again? As I understood it, you are kind of on your own. You take it till you pass and you don't need a sign off...anybody know for sure?

Thanks.

PS I have a six pack riding on this.

Chuychanga

I'm too lazy to look up the answer in Part 61, but it should be a moot point. Why on earth would you ever take a written exam unless you absolutely knew you would score high?

You've a got a book/software with every answer in it and you can take it anytime you want.

In my opinion, if you fail a written you deserve the embarrassment of going to ask a CFI for an endorsement.

Thanks. Very helpful.

Re: Chuychanga

In my opinion, if you fail a written you deserve the embarrassment of going to ask a CFI for an endorsement.

I second that opinion, they give you every question on the test, it's not hard to pass.

Thanks for the laugh.:D

FL350 said:
If you fail your ATP written, do you have to wait or get an instructor sign off to take it again?
I don't recall getting a sign-off to take the test in the first place, so I can't imagine why you'd need a sign-off to take it again.

I realize that doesn't answer your question, but it's not ridiculing you either.

:) :) :) :)

If you fail, you have to have an instructoir sign it off if you want to retest without waiting.

B

I was just wondering, what kind of aircraft do you take you atp ride in? Does it have to be a certain aircraft or can it be taken in a sim.?

Latest resources

Back