Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL350

WAR EAGLE!!!!
I am about to take the ATP written. I have heard that only certain airplanes are tested depending on whether you take the 121 test or the 135 test. Generally the smaller ones are tested on the 135 test and the larger jets are tested on the 121 test. However there is nothing about this mentioned in my study guide. Does anyone know for sure if this is true, or where I might be able to find out if it is true? Thanks in advance.

FL350

ATP Written

As you know, there are two ATP writtens. The 135 test is based, I believe, on the B1900. The 121 exam is based on turbojets. I took the 121 written fourteen years ago and it was based soley on the B727. No 135 questions. I doubt the thrust of either exam has changed much, although the questions surely have.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck with the written.

I took my written (121) a couple of months ago, and there were questions on all the airplanes in the study guide. The only difference I could see were some differences in the regulations questions. Expect B1900, 727, and 737 questions.

The only section that seperates the 135 and 121 between jets the B1900, is in weight and ballance and regs. Other than that, the tests are the same.

ATP

FL 350,
I took the written last weekend for part 121. It may contain a couple questions regarding the BE 1900. I would highly recommend a prep course prior to taking the exam. I used loneeaglefaaprep.com, but know several who used allatp. It is worth the money in my opinion. I also used the Gleim CD rom, because it breaks down what you need to know for each ATP test.
Good luck on the exam.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back