ATP Written

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PT2

Does anyone have any suggestions, or know of a website that has info to make studying for the written any easier? I am having trouble trying to remember stuff. I have heard there are strategies especially for questions requiring computations. Any advice would be great.

Also, any advice on whether to take 135 or 121?

I currently fly 135, but would like to get on w/regional.

I plan on waiting for the check ride w/type in the future, unless it takes more than two years.

Thanks in advance.

ATP written

It makes no difference to anyone which written you take. Take the written that's easier for you.

I would suggest, however, that you take the ATP practical as soon as you are eligible. With competition for regional jobs as stiff as it is, you need to present the best credentials possible. An ATP is one. Years ago, the ATP was required by many commuters.

You probably can ask the fed who gives your 135 rides if your next one can count as your ATP ride. There's little difference. You can always take a single-engine ATP ride if you're worried about your written expiring. It is still an Airline Transport Pilot certificate, just the same as the big-time multi one.

Good luck with the written.

I would suggest buying the testprep software, I used the ASA version and got a high 90's. Study the different subjects and practice a bunch of the W&B and Performance questions until you feel ready. The nice part about the software is you can take practical tests and study specific subject areas quickly. I searched for different practice ATP tests on the web and had no luck, although one website was working on putting together an ATP testprep online.
Good Luck - pm me if you have any additional questions.

I used All ATP's at Trenton NJ and was quite satisfied. At any of their locations you can go in the am and have your written done by later in the pm. They send you a study guide (cheat sheet) prior and ask that you memorize the info. For the test prep it's all pc based and you basically just file everything in your short term memory whcih gets you through the test. I scored 98. I tried watching the King videos but they had you calculating all of the problems concerning lemac and mach, things which I don't need now and when I do need them I will have to re learn it anyway. I believe it costs about $300.

ATP

I did All ATP's also, and didn't study before I went. You sit in front of a computer all day and read the entire FAA question bank and can see the correct answers. After you read the questions a few times, you will remember the answers. You can also view the questions by category so that at the end you can do extra review of the weight and balance stuff to make sure that you have those right. The test will have questions from the question bank you spent all day looking at. Like Flash said, they will send you a study sheet with formulas and stuff you can learn before you go which will save some time on the test day. Don't sweat it, you'll do great.

I have taken my ATP written and used the King schools test prep for that . It cost eighty bucks for just the question bank but was well worth it. I have no taken the practical yet as I do not have the 500 cross country. Has anyone heard that you do not have to land but just fly 50nm for cross country requirement for ATP. I know it is a stretch but I took my ATP written too early and do not want to take it again. Thanks for any info guys

Thanks for the info. I will probably do the ATP's thing.

Does anyone know about this cross country requirement. In the regs it states that cross country for the private, instrument and Commercial require a landing 50 nm away. It then says for the ATP that you must make a flight that is 50 nm from the original point of departure, it does not however mention that you must make a landing. I got this in the definitions where it defines cross country.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back