• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP Written Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i've read in a unreliable source(this website) that 135 on-demand is excluded from this extendsion, but scheduled 135 is okay. anyone know if this is true, i cant find anywhere(in the regs) that says anything to that fact.

Here's a question, just wondering if anyone has any experience with this......

About three years ago I took the ATP written, passed on the first take, and then put the test report in a "safe" place. Problem is......you guessed it.....now it's gone. I've spent the last week tearing my place apart looking for it but the thing appears to be gone for good. Still can't believe it. Anyhow, does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement from the FAA or will I have to retake? I know for losing it I definitely deserve to be punished. Anyone have info?

(Before you flame away, I'm already kicking myself in the a$$ pretty hard for this)

Go on the FAA website. You can get a copy of your test result but it'll take a while. If you need it within a month, go take it again. It'll probably be classed as a first attempt because it's been two years since you took it last (could be wrong on this)

Ok, so to resurrect this thread and make sure we're all on the same page:

If I have an ATP written that expires as I work at 121 company A as an FO but then get hired seemlessly (no employment gap) at 121 company B, and go through B's PIC/Upgrade training the expired test results are still good to go because I am still employed by a 121 company and going through their PIC training.

That's how I read that reg. Pretty straightforward, I think (?)

Ok, so to resurrect this thread and make sure we're all on the same page:

If I have an ATP written that expires as I work at 121 company A as an FO but then get hired seemlessly (no employment gap) at 121 company B, and go through B's PIC/Upgrade training the expired test results are still good to go because I am still employed by a 121 company and going through their PIC training.

That's how I read that reg. Pretty straightforward, I think (?)

My suggestion:

1. read the regulation (CFR 61.39) I posted 12-25-06 and read the bolded type again.

2. no "gap in employment" requirement - part of old regulation---- not any more. It does not matter if you are always employed as a flight crew member. So when you are between flying jobs the Exotic Dancer option is OK (or at least in compliance with 61.39). Re-read the bolded part again.....

3. On a side note: I have not seen the "No 135 on demand exclusion" to 61.39 any where. Does any one have a reference to this?

4. Your comment: "the expired test results are still good to go because I am still employed by a 121 company and going through their PIC training" - is correct (as I read the regulation and I have not read any guidance to the contrary).

When you go for your upgrade check ride, just bring your expired test results, form 8710, and what else you need to the check ride. It is always wise to coordinate with your Company or Examiner/Inspector prior to the check ride, that you wish to add an ATP to your certificate during your check ride. It can be a non event. As always - - prior planning is the key....

JAFI

Latest resources

Back