• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP written at ATP...??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you took the 121 and got 135 questions? That's odd..

The prep at ATP is ATP prep, but the test taken is a Cats vendored test..

What millhouse said is 100% correct.. The tests are all the same.. ATP cannot mess with "what questions you are asked on the test.."

Last edited:
Took it about 4yrs ago in JAX and scored in the 90's. My friend taking it at the same time scored in the low 70's. He claimed that his test was completely different from anything that we had been practicing. ATP's gave him a voucher to come back and take it over again later on.
At that time you would study all day & night and take it in the morning. Now it's changed so you show up at 800 and take it at 1800.

Tram said:
So you took the 121 and got 135 questions? That's odd..

The prep at ATP is ATP prep, but the test taken is a Cats vendored test..

What millhouse said is 100% correct.. The tests are all the same.. ATP cannot mess with "what questions you are asked on the test.."

Yeah, apparently its not uncommon to get 135 questions on a 121 and vice versa. Accordingto Gleim, 30% of tests contain cross questioning. My advice for those studying on their own, study everything except the regulations section.
If taking the 121 don't study the 135 regs. - but DO look over all 135 IFR trips, AC and performance charts.

That test blows anyway.

Also, if you have the Gleim CD, you can isolate questions just like at ATP and have it to use down the road to practice for the written given during most regional interviews.

Well thanks for all the replies, just to fill you in, went to ATP Orlando yesterday. Started at 8am and took the test at 5pm. Me and my friend both got a 94%. Was chuffed! Hmmmm....went over he 121 questoins before I turned up (wanted to make sure I passed). That really helped I think. If you need it done quick, I'd recommend it.

Latest resources

Back