ATP Worth Getting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wiggums

Is getting the ATP rating going to help my chances of getting hired somewhere? Or should I just use my money to bribe airline pilots for LORs?

If you have the experience to hold an ATP, then yes, you should strive to get it. Very few places will hold an ATP against you (there are a few that will...but not places you're likely to apply, anyway).

If you hire on with a regional or other entry level job today, you can often get your ATP during your initial training or checkride. If you are going that route, at least have a current knowledge test report (ATP written) with a high score to show. It shows you're ready, and serious.

avbug,

your pm mailbox is too full to accept any more messages, you should read 'em and empty 'em.

They've all been read and replied to (I think), but I'll go kick some out right now. I think this system also lets you send email directly by clicking on the web id thingy...gives you the choice between email and a PM.

All this technology is great for kids who grew up with it...but whatever happened to carrier pidgeons and campbells cans with kite string?

avbug said:
They've all been read and replied to (I think), but I'll go kick some out right now. I think this system also lets you send email directly by clicking on the web id thingy...gives you the choice between email and a PM.

All this technology is great for kids who grew up with it...but whatever happened to carrier pidgeons and campbells cans with kite string?

LMAO! I miss the good 'ole days too!

ATP

Absolutely, it is worth it to get your ATP. You want to present the best credentials possible. You want to do everything possible in your control to put your best foot forward, and getting your ATP is very much in your control. Believe me, if you don't offer an ATP, others will. Don't let others ace you out on a credential you can get as easily as the competition can. Especially in these times, when the usual pilot oversupply is much more abundant because of airline shutdowns and furloughs.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back