ATP Total CFI Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

highflying

Can anyone who has done this program recently tell me what they did to get prepaired and what they thought of the program. It seems like you have to be ready before you get there. I am just wondering what you need to do and how on earth you can pass three checkrides in 14 days!!

I'm not sure, but I will give you some other advice...

If you want to work as a CFI these days, and being at the point you are now, you need to pick the school you want to work at and do your training there. That will be the easiest way to get hired. And maybe if you get hired after your initial CFI, you will save a buttload of money on the rest of your CFI add on's.

...Just a drunken thought..... :)

CFI school

MarineGrunt said:
If you want to work as a CFI these days, and being at the point you are now, you need to pick the school you want to work at and do your training there. That will be the easiest way to get hired. And maybe if you get hired after your initial CFI, you will save a buttload of money on the rest of your CFI add on's.
That is excellent advice. FSI hires its own graduates as instructors. It's been several years since I worked there, but I understand from others that if you commit to instructing for 800 hours the Academy will upgrade you to CFI-I and MEI on its nickel. It is axiomatic in aviation that the best way to get advanced ratings is not to pay for them yourself.

ERAU in Prescott had upgraded CFIs when I was there in the late '80s-early '90s, even to the point where it paid for Commercial multi training for selected outside hires with only single-engine ratings. You had to sign a training contract, though.

instructing jobs

hello Bobby

Is it really that hard to find instructing jobs? Do you really need to pick a school based on whether or not you will want to instruct there afterwards?

thank you

Latest resources

Back