Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJP

Registered Eye-Poker
A question came up the other day and none of us knew the answer.

If you've got an ATP, does that give you single-engine commercial privileges or does that have to be specified on your license?

Example: ATP rated pilot got ATP in a light twin. The pilot was then offered a job flying a Caravan but never had a single-engine commercial license prior to the ATP. Does the ATP allow for this?

Thanks.

Before everyone jumps in a just gives him the answer, lets do some training here and help teach him how to Find the Answer.....

You and your friends can't come up with what is required so why not break it down into smaller "bites".

1. "What operating certificate is required to operate a single engine aircraft"?

2. "Does a Multi engine ATP allow you to operate a single engine aircraft?

So RJP lets go one step at a time, since this is a "legal" question which CFR covers "Pilot Certification?

Once you figure this out which part of XX CFR allows you to operate ANY aircraft?

Once you figure this out which part of XX CFR allows you to operate ANY aircraft?
If I could (or wanted to) figure it out, why would I post here?

No you are not rated Comm in a SEL, therefore you cna not act as a pilot being compensated for flying a SEL.

Thanks Yip. That's what we figured.

Cheers.

What a waste of your potental talent and everyone elses time.......

Besides if you accept free legal advice - you get what you paid for.

What a waste of your potental talent and everyone elses time.......

Besides if you accept free legal advice - you get what you paid for.

You have no idea. If you had seen my talent, you wouldn't post such blather.

Thanks for the advice, even though you couldn't just answer the question. Would've made the whole thing easier if you had just said "no" instead of trying to play CFI.

Aloha.

Here's a tip: Look on the pilot certificate itself.

It will say, under Certificate: ATP

Under Ratings, it will say AMEL (and type if any)

IF the certificate holder had SE privileges prior to the ATP, it will say: Private (or commercial) privileges ASEL.

It's on the certificate. No need to trust these bozos.

You have no idea. If you had seen my talent, you wouldn't post such blather.

Thanks for the advice, even though you couldn't just answer the question. Would've made the whole thing easier if you had just said "no" instead of trying to play CFI.

Aloha.

A pilot should know their limitations - you seem to think little of your own talent.

As far as "playing CFI" - I would be willing to bet I was teaching before you were born. So it comes naturally. Not that you care. Maybe you should preface your future questions:

"I'm too lazy to look up and I just do not care so just give me the answer to....."

Then I won't try to "Play" anything.

That's rather pathetic.

You don't want to lift a finger to help yourself...much easier to ask someone else to do it for you. Lack the energy to turn a page or use a search engine, do you? That's sad.

You have no idea. If you had seen my talent, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Looks like we just saw it. Abject laziness and rampant conceit. Sounds like you've got a bad infection, but if you wish to call it talent, by all means, have at it.

A question came up the other day and none of us knew the answer.

That was a tough one, apparently bantied about by some real intellectuals. Intellectuals who are too smart to look it up...look it up on the back of the pilot certificate where it's spelled out and tells you exactly what privileges are accorded. Based on your comments thus far, you don't need an ATP...you need a pacifier and someone to show you how to use it.

Latest resources

Back