ATP/Single-Engine Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's rather pathetic.
The beauty of internet anonymity is that aviation studs like yourself can post pompous replies and spew your useless opinions so everyone can share in your two cents.

JAF, if you can't or won't answer a question, why would you bother to post? How difficult is it to either bite your tongue and not post or just try to answer the question?

AV, you obviously put a lot of effort into your post. Nice work cutting and pasting quotes. I bet your private pilot students are impressed with your skills.

Thanks to both of you CFIs for all your clear, concise answers.
:rolleyes:

Avbug, we are wasting our time on this one. He just does not get it and I doubt he ever will. If he does not get his name in an NTSB report then it will be on the header of an EIR. My fear is that the dumb ones usually kill more than just themselves.

To every one else, knowing how and where to find an "legal" answer will keep you out of more trouble than asking "the guys" is such and such legal.

Bye.

Nice work cutting and pasting quotes.

It's tough being hung with your own words, your own quotes, isn't it?

I was rather impressed with JAFI's initial reply. Rather than just spoonfeed your lazy request, he offered to help you find the answer, and did it in an appropriate way. In your rush to celebrate ignorance, you probably failed to realize that he's singly the most qualified person here to answer any such question, for reasons he won't advertise.

Me, I'll slap your face and then slap it again for asking a stupid question, and yes...there's a stupid question. JAFI won't do that. He'll educate you in the process and help you. You're just one of those who can't be helped; the proverbial drowning man who won't take a glass of water. Then there's the whole "You have no idea. If you had seen my talent, you wouldn't post such blather" garbage. JAFI is perhaps one of the humblest participants here, and in this area one of the most uniquely qualified, and you will most definitely not hear him blowing his horn as you just did, oh new-found exhalted chew-toy.

We've seen your talent. Unimpressive, to say the least. Perhaps just underwhelmed might describe it best.

I bet your private pilot students are impressed with your skills.

Were I working with any, that would be the least of my concern, or theirs. Their progress and individual needs would certainly be at the forefront of any consideration given them, as it should be. You're impressed enough with yourself for all of us. Good of you to carry that burden.

if you can't or won't answer a question, why would you bother to post?

Clearly to help you find the answer...because let's face it, if after several days you and a group of your peers couldn't devine that multi ATP privileges don't grant single engine privileges...you do need some help in learning how to understand the regulation...and you were getting that help from someone who perhaps understands it in a unique way better than any of the rest of us...too bad you were too dense to take a helping hand when given you.

How difficult is it to either bite your tongue and not post or just try to answer the question?

You're asking the wrong question. You may be better served asking properly. How difficult is it to bite your tongue and receive the help offered you, or just exercise some elementary skills and look it up?

It's so much easier for you to have someone else do it for you, isn't it? Does someone also hold the pen while you try to write, or spoon feed you so you don't spill? You don't have someone doing your breathing for you too, do you? At some point, you're going to have to learn to help yourself.

Perhaps even follow along when someone shows you how.

Do ATP multi engine privileges extend to single engine operations? No. Whereas the privilege is Airline Transport Pilot, Airplane, Multi-Engine, Land...where in that do you find single engine privileges?

Military pilot taking competency to obtain your FAA certification, perhaps? If you're brand new, then you can use all the help you can get. Slapping down a helping hand certainly doesn't help your case, or set any good foot forward, let along a best one.

One might wonder what on earth you would want single engine ATP privileges for in the first place, but whatever floats your boat. Tell the Caravan pilot to take the ATP single as part of his initial checkride, get issued the ATP privileges if that's what he's really craving, and go to work. Or get the commercial...whatever makes him happy. Or you...or whomever. With your level of talent, of which we have no idea...flying a caravan seems far beneath you. We can scarcely but wonder why you don't rejoin society with an open invitation as CEO of any major carrier. Of course it goes without saying, we all wish you the best of luck.

You might try dropping the attitude in your newfound civillian world. You may be the lord high almighty freshly minted ATP warrior, but you're still an entry level pilot. Try acting the part.

SEL ATP easiest check ride I ever took, Grumman Tiger, fixed gear, fixed pitch prop, no cowl flaps, a hold, a NDB, a VOR circle, and a forced landing.

A question came up the other day and none of us knew the answer.

If you've got an ATP, does that give you single-engine commercial privileges or does that have to be specified on your license?

No

Example: ATP rated pilot got ATP in a light twin. The pilot was then offered a job flying a Caravan but never had a single-engine commercial license prior to the ATP. Does the ATP allow for this?

And the person STILL does not have SE comm priv. The pilot certificate itself is self-explanatory.

And it this case, I suspect is says:

Airline Transport Pilot
Airplane Multiengine (land or sea)

Private Privileges
Airplane (SE or ME, Land or Sea)

There is no ambiguity. The actual certificate tells you what you can exercise comm privileges in.

You have no idea. If you had seen my talent, you wouldn't post such blather.

Thanks for the advice, even though you couldn't just answer the question. Would've made the whole thing easier if you had just said "no" instead of trying to play CFI.

Aloha.

RJP, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

If you review some of his other posts, it's par for the course when it comes to this poster. Routine drivel.

I got my ATP SEL last year,... just for grins. I don't really think I'll ever "need" it, but I just had to have it.

I didn't know you could get an ATP-Mel on MS Flight Simulator. Or did your friend get his ATP-Mel on Playstation? I would hope most ATPs know how to read their own certificates and know their limitations. Maybe when you are going for your real Private Pilot certificate AvBug could teach you. A Lot!

I got my ATP SEL last year,... just for grins. I don't really think I'll ever "need" it, but I just had to have it.

The owner of the Cheyenne I used to fly also had a C210 and he got his SE ATP so he could get a break on his insurance. Not sure if that would still be the case today but it was then.

Latest resources

Back