ATP ME Checkride Oral

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyboyz

I will be doing my ATP ME checkride in about 3 weeks. I will be flying a Duchess. I cannot seem to find much consistancy in what is in the oral. What should I expect to be asked.

Flyboyz said:
I will be doing my ATP ME checkride in about 3 weeks. I will be flying a Duchess. I cannot seem to find much consistancy in what is in the oral. What should I expect to be asked.

Can't find consistency? I am surprised. The ATP PTS is designed for consistency. All DPEs and inspectors should reference the document for their administration of the oral.

Basically, it's a systems oral. Unless your checkride is being provided by a 135 or 121 operator (since it's in a Duchess, sounds like that's not the case), that's about all you should expect, except maybe for some pt. 91 IFR questions. Know the systems of your checkride aircraft inside and out. Check the FAA ATP PTS at http://av-info.faa.gov/data/practicalteststandard/faa-s-8081-5d.pdf .

I flew 135 for 1 1/2 years before getting my ATP so when it was time, basically I was asked questions regarding the C-402 I was flying.

my oral was more 135 than 91 but just study the PTs and you will be fine!

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back