Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Hey guys,

I was wondering about how some pilots get the ATP with less than 250 hrs PIC. Something about using their SIC time to credit towards the total time. Or something about 'holder does not meet ICAO standards of PIC". Anyway, I'm in that boat. I have 158 hrs PIC and a boatload of SIC jet time. What options do I have for getting an ATP, short of blowing 8 grand in a C152 to rent for 92 hours?

The first officer that I was paired with on my last recurrent training had an ATP with a restriction that would not allow him to exercise his ATP privileges out side of the US until he obtains the 250 PIC. I think the 250 pic is an ICAO thing.

I think it's called a "frozen ATP" - you passed the checkride, but didn't meet all the qualifications so it's frozen until you do.

Frozen ATP is foreign (like JAA). FAA does not have a frozen ATPL. So that's why I'm wondering about how one goes about it to get a FAA with less than 250 hrs PIC.

Hey guys,

I was wondering about how some pilots get the ATP with less than 250 hrs PIC. Something about using their SIC time to credit towards the total time. Or something about 'holder does not meet ICAO standards of PIC". Anyway, I'm in that boat. I have 158 hrs PIC and a boatload of SIC jet time. What options do I have for getting an ATP, short of blowing 8 grand in a C152 to rent for 92 hours?

2nd job instructing? Ferry pilot? How about getting the EXPERIENCE anyway you can? No offense, well maybe, but you have 158 hours of PIC and now you wanna play Captain in the RJ?

Hey guys,

It's an ICAO restriction. You can get the ATP but you will be domestic only until you pass the requirement. They don't issue those where you are at? I mean it's only for a month or so. You should ask your POI.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back