• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP good or bad?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thanks for all the advice, sounds like everybody likes ATP more or less. I was hesitating to give my endorsement because I also got burned by a flight school (RAA). thankfully my friend is a lawyer and i got the bastards back good.

yeah, after Tab close its door most of our loans were writen off! so that was kind of free training! LOL!

I would and wouldn't rec ATP (or similar schools).

I wouldn't recommend ATP for a student getting the PVT, INST, COMM/COMMMEL. I think it is too much of a canned and "firehose" (for lack of a better term) for students at that level. Especially for the PVT to Com sel/mel and cfi the student needs to be in a college (if he/she has the cash), Military or GA school environment (going at their own pace). The skills and knowledge the need to be retained at this level (0 to 250 hours) are too crucial to be crammed into ATP's program style.

I would recommend ATP for the someone flying 135 that needs an ATP or a CFI with an MEI and several hundred hours ME instructing or a military guy looking to convert his ratings or add ATP to a com/mel he/she may of had from college. These would all be pilots that have north of 1500tt and say 200+ multi and are flying professionally several days/week in good and bad wx.

Latest resources

Back