Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahh.. gotta love CRG.. :)

ERAUBrat3 said:
I had an awesome time getting my MEL with ATP in Mesa, Ariz.
Instructor was awesome, planes were well-maintained and I blew through it, no problem.

Whats the most important thing to know about ATP? The further you can stay from CRG the more you will enjoy your training.

There's a mouthful.. :)

I'm pretty sure anyone who has traversed the sacred halls of ATP would certainly know Rich is a Ummm "Piece of Work"......I completed my CFI training there and luckily had to only run in to him for 1 day........Besides that you have to understand that ATP'S is a pilot mill..as a matter of fact they don't want any of their instructors hanging around for more than a year which is why they work the S*&t out of you while your're there. It's all one big machine..Would'nt advise anyone to do their primary training there....In my case, I had ran out of cash and was loooking for the quickest way to get done w/ my CFI's so I could keep the Lights on !
As for the price no one around my area could beat them in comparison....Even the plethura of DE's they use in Florida are all in on the Action...If you know what I mean!...Get'em in Get'em through! That's the business model!

Last edited:
Steve said:
Whats the most important thing to know about ATP? The further you can stay from CRG the more you will enjoy your training.

I second this!! Did my training in SAC, and had a great instructor. I only had to go east on one occasion, and did my CFI Initial in Stuart. MUCH different feeling and attitude there than on the west coast. I enjoyed the LAS office as well, when I opened it...

if you're just starting out, multi time is gold...you should have stayed unless the fbo you're going to offers you the chance at a comparable amount of twin time....

Latest resources

Back