Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotkppsg

Frattastic
Hey ya'll i'm posting this for a former student of mine w/ a few questions ya'll might could know as I have no clue, we've already posted it on jetcareers,

He did the total CFI program w/ me @ ATPs in JAX back in June of '03 and then went and finished college while instructing. Anyway, he graduated in May of this year and has about 680 TT and 150 multi, gold seal CFI-MEI, FCC license and ATP written. Now, his question is, since he has the time required and the other stuff taken care of, can he get that interview w/ Xjet or PSA assuming that he performs to standards in the RJ sim during the 7-day program. I've heard that they usually only give the interviews to Career Pilot instructors, but since he did the total CFI w/ them, maybe I could be grandfathered into that group, What i'm getting at is 5-grand is a lotta cabbage w/out being guaranteed the interview, you know? I realize that they can't guarantee an interview to everybody going through the program, there's too much liability and litigation involved w/ that, but I'd like an insider's account as to how the interview agreements work,

Take it easy.

Disregard.

Last edited:
He has the time now to apply at those places including ASA without going to that program so why should/would he?

He's from Jersey, 'bout 10 minutes from Newark he said.

pilotkppsg said:
He's from Jersey, 'bout 10 minutes from Newark he said.

Well with 680 hours its kinda hard to pick and choose , with that time I would be thankful anyone called me. And no airline is gonna care about a "gold seal cfi".

Last edited:
jehtplane said:
Well with 680 hours its kinda hard to pick and choose , with that time I would be thankful anyone called me. And no airline is gonna care about a "gold seal cfi".

That's why he wants to do the RJ program at All ATPs, to get the guaranteed interview in spite of not having the normal 1000/200.

Has he/she ever used a computer or even better yet a typewriter? Do you have to fill out the app too? Tell he/she/it to go for it, what is there to lose? (except 5 large). It's just like a big 172.

Crash Pad said:
PS, there are no guarantees.

Are there ever any guarantees?

He doesn't have access to a computer like I do, and he just asked me to find out some info for him, but yeah, he's a big boy and should be doing this himself, I told him to go for it too, if he's got the cabbage and i've never known ATP not to deliver on their product, than why not?

Latest resources

Back