ATP Checkride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

knelson

Finally got the procrastinating (sp?) out of the way and scheduled my ATP checkride for thursday. The checkride will be coincidental to my 135 annual ride. Besides the normal 135 regs and aircraft questions, does anyone have specific questions that stick out in your mind from the ATP oral? I am really having a hard time trying to figure out what to study in addition to the usual Part 135 checkride. Any questions you can come up with from your ATP ride would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am interested in finding out if there are any publications out there for ATP oral prep. I looked for the ASA version (I have used their other oral prep books in the past) but came up empty handed. Thanks for any and all input/questions/advice!

Kevin

If this is a company ride then anything in your Flight Operations Manual is fair game.

Basically, you should know the "Systems" for your checkride airplane better than the manufacturer. Common hits are landing gear, engines, fuel systems, electrical, etc. etc.

FAR/AIM stuff but if company ride, they will hit you with FOM/Ops Specs stuff. Some favorites from FAR/AIM like T-storm avoidance, holding patterns (speeds, entries), MEL requirements, Medical limitations, currency, etc.

Finally, you've got to be hit with performance problems. Figure W&B, fuel planning, ref speeds, Accelerate/Stop and/or Accelerate/Go, distance to climb, short field landing distance, etc.

Multi-engine PTS calls for most manuevers under the hood with the exception of a simulated engine failure on takeoff roll, max performance takeoff and max performance landing. After that Steep turns, Stalls (Power on and off), demonstration of shutting down and securing one engine, a twin engine precision approach, a single engine precision approach and a non-precision approach are all required under the hood.

Tell the truth, the oral was much harder than the checkride.

Good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back