ATP Certificate in Northeast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyby1206

Looking for a place to get the ATP Certificate in the Northeast, anyone know a cheap spot? Looking to spend less than $2500 total including training, examiner fees, etc. Thanks

Can you specify if you want a Boston accent, or a NY accent as well? Because your needs may not be fully covered.

I used ATP's in KTTN, Trenton, NJ back in the spring of 1999. Was flying 135 at the time. Did the written before hand and ATP mailed aircraft and program gouge ahead of time so reviewed that. Showed up for the 2 day course:

day 1 - talked about lesson plan/approaches/checkride for about 2 hours. Then went out and flew 2 hours each (me and my partner) with the instructor. took a rest then went up again and did a quick mock checkride each like the gouge spelled out.

day 2 - showed up and reviewed gouge for approaches - met with examiner and he did the oral for both of us at the same time. went back and forth asking aircraft and far type questions.

then my partner went out for his ride while I sat and waited. then I did mine - it was very close to what we flew the day prior but the examiner tossed a few things not on the gouge to keep the ride respectable.

$65 bucks for the written, $995 cash for ATP's and $200 for the examiner. $1260 total for my ATP.

I liked the program - its better if your muli-piston current or flying 135 going into it. Your instructor will make a big diff also your partner will also. my partner was a full-time MEI so he was piston current which made it easier durring the training. we basically just had to fly the approaches not worrying about ME stuff. Our instructor was low time (400tt) but he was good and knew the program.

I've been told from others that if you get a crappy instructor or partner the program can be very diff.

I had a friend that went soon after i did but he was paired with a mil guy from Mcguire AFB who didn't have a civ time. it really slowed things down because the instructor had to spent more time on him and basic flying and not stuff for the checkride.

A program like ATP's is not designed to make you an ATP or teach you to be an ATP. Its designed to get you the rating. You need to come into the course alread up to par or else your going to make it hard on you, your instructor and partner.

Overall - good program - be ready and current and it should be fine - they've done more ATP's than anyone. You milage may vary depending upon instructor and partner.

Latest resources

Back