Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
I'm looking to do my ATP ride in as cheaply as possible. All ATPS at ARR only offers the 4 day program at ARR, which is $1,000 more expensive than the 2 day program they don't offer.

So, that being said, I am willing to take a small road trip and spend a night or two in a hotel if it saves me upwards of $500.

Anybody now of some in and out ATP places around Peoria, Rockford, Moline, Milwaukee, Madison, or Gary? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Saint Charles Flying Service, MO

Anybody heard anything about these guys and there Duchess ATP program?

Anybody heard anything about these guys and there Duchess ATP program?

Never flew the Duchess there, but I did some flying there and it was a pretty good place, nice people. The instructor I had while I was there has since left, but I don't think it would be a bad choice.

Thanks for the info.

St. Charles Flying Service

Doug

I did the ATP thing there in the Duchess. Thats the place to go if my old instructor is still there. I dont remember his name right off the bat but I could find out. Duchess is such an easy plane to fly I felt like I was cheating on something. Worth every penny even if it is a little out of the way for you.

Cub

Thanks for the advice guys, I am going with ALL ATPs because of wx considerations. I don't want to get down to STL and have 2 or 3 wx days in a row. I'm at the point where I just need to suck it up and get it done.

Latest resources

Back