Atlas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kngarthur

Anybody know the minimums to get on there? Is it a good place!

I heard it's a great place to work. The pay is better than a lot of pax carriers too. The big diff being the schedules. It's not uncommon to be gone for more than 3 weeks at a time.

Not that I work there but I have many friends in the freight industry and they tell me. If you can be away for long periods of time than this could sure be your thing!!

Hope that helps.

I just shot a resume over there! Hopefully I hear from them soon! I would dump my current job in a heartbeat togo over there.

Here ya go:

Preffered Qualifications:

* 3,500 hours total time in airplanes
* 1,000 hours turbine PIC in jets
* 2,500 hours of Turbo Jet
FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)Certification
* Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
* FCC Radio License
* Legally authorized to work in the USA
* Current Passport
* Must be able to pass 10-year background check
and a DOT pre-employment drug screen
* Glass cockpit experience preferred

KNG,

You gotta love all the great responses from the "experienced pilots". To be honest I met one of the hour qualifications listed above and was called and hired. Had no recommendation and knew no one. So I am sure you would have no problem geting in. Now the question becomes do you want to work there? Read the Polar thread and you might have second thoughts. The current management fired every probationary Polar pilot as a retaliation for a TA not being signed. So you can see that there is no repect or integrity from this "waste of flesh" they call management.

flyhard said:
KNG,

You gotta love all the great responses from the "experienced pilots". To be honest I met one of the hour qualifications listed above and was called and hired. Had no recommendation and knew no one. So I am sure you would have no problem geting in. Now the question becomes do you want to work there? Read the Polar thread and you might have second thoughts. The current management fired every probationary Polar pilot as a retaliation for a TA not being signed. So you can see that there is no repect or integrity from this "waste of flesh" they call management.

Thanks! This is the kinda stuff I need to know. Seems like it will always be about the "bottom line" to these guys. It's okay--they will get theirs. What is a TA?

Beware that you'll probably be based in Stansted England and be on 3 week trips, plus commute time . . . . doesn't leave much time at home. Search the previous threads. Lots of stuff posted on Atlas.

Bdfg1 said:
You don't come close to meeting mins.

Go to bed junior.

such useful information.

i don't know why jackholes like this even bother to answer good questions with stupid comments.

you suck.

Latest resources

Back