• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas to stand united with Polar!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
URGENT: Excellent NEWS from the Atlas MEC and ALPA National tonight!!!

All Atlas crewmembers please listen to tonights ATLAS VARS message. Your MEC and ALPA National has given you instruction to no longer cross any picket lines in ANC or MIA. This is great news indeed, to see that ALPA National is now fully behind you!

Congratulations on your unity with Polar. This will only make Atlas a stronger, more united company in the future.

This could be historic!

If any of you need the Atlas VARS # please PM me.

furloughfodder said:
URGENT: Excellent NEWS from the Atlas MEC and ALPA National tonight!!!

All Atlas crewmembers please listen to tonights ATLAS VARS message. Your MEC and ALPA National has given you instruction to no longer cross any picket lines in ANC or MIA. This is great news indeed, to see that ALPA National is now fully behind you!

Congratulations on your unity with Polar. This will only make Atlas a stronger, more united company in the future.

This could be historic!

If any of you need the Atlas VARS # please PM me.

Great news!!!!! Stay strong for the L-T benefit...

I may be a relative newbie pilot, but I'm not a newbie in the business world. And from a business stand point I was kind of wondering what your union was going to do. It was clear to anyone reading here over the past five years that APLA no longer intimidated management because they have ... how to say this ... let's just say they have been 'picking their battles' recently.

In that light, this is a good move, image-wise, for ALPA.

However, ALPA didn't push ASA to honor Comair's lines and a somewhat similar situation at NWA currently will leave thousands of mechanics (and eventually FAs) unemployed. So I can understand why some Atlas pilots may not like jumping on the handgrenade now.

Wish you guys all the best, at both places. Most of you have families to feed, clothe, and shelter. And more pilots on the street makes it harder for us newbies to stay employed in corporate. We can't compete.

Minh

Looks like Fairbanks just got a picketline set up.......;)

The time has come to turn the tide on our profession.....If we are not able to earn dignified and fair wages, we will seek employment elsewere!!( even if it means ABANDONING OUR FLIGHT DECKS) It is time for management to MANAGE and leaders to LEAD!! NO MORE GIVE-BACKS!!!

Heard that 24 Atlas CMs in ANC are now on unpaid status for refusing to cross the picket line. THUMBS UP to ALL of you!!

Boy in this age of internet, if anyone crosses that picketline everyone is going to know about it!........;)

B747-300 has been awfully quiet lately. Anyone, anyone??????

Latest resources

Back