Atlas Reserve/Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASABound

Hello all. I am curious as to how the bidding process works for new hires and how reserve works. Do you sit reserve from home ? If someone could elaborate how that works I would greatly appreciate it!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

International frieght dogging is different than the RJ RSV. Expect to fly pretty much every day of RSV and when you do sit it will be in some far away place.

GG747 thank you, let me ask you this...how many days in a row is it and then how many days off do u get ?

13 days off in a 30 day month and 14 in a 31 day month. It is now line bidding as of November and it is generally two types of schedules.
17 days straight with 13-14 days off or a mix of 8 on 7 off 9 on 6-7 days off.

Examples November 30 day month X= off O= on

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXX work 1-17

XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO work 14th-30

XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXX work 9-24th

XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO work 8-15th and 16th-30th

and a few other variables of the split work days.

Make sense?
with the new contract has at least 5 days off between trips or blocks of reserve and at least 7 off after working 17 straight unless you wave it. So no more back to back 17 unless you want to.

Last edited:
Thanks mkcakle. I appreciate it ....could you elaborate please on working conditions, QOL, etc. I am highly interested ! Thanks

Thanks mkcakle. I appreciate it ....could you elaborate please on working conditions, QOL, etc. I am highly interested ! Thanks
No problem, just updated the work sched above take a look. Great company, management with a plan, Awesome crews -1% rule, making profit, good if not great pay with profit share, good hotels, more than enough food/ hot meals on board, cool places to fly. I love it.
Plus no more trying to find a seat to work, Paid ticket to base or trip start city. Huge QOL for me.

Last edited:
This is really a mute point right now, but doesn't atlas give you a blackberry or other pda device to talk to family when your away ??

Yes you get a pda but for texting the company and looking at your schedule. You can also text other employees that have it but not family. But skype works great along with an international cell plan for emergency's.

Maxcackel, thank you for all of your honest feedback and willingness to answer questions. How does weight and balance work in the cargo world ? Is it ACARS or OS it on paper ? I'm just asking some questions to familiarize myself with the cargo world way of doing business? Is there crew rest area's on the a/c ? What is your background? Regional / Military?? Thanks so much

R1 is home reserve-no daily trip rig. Every hour you are away from your home, you get some trip rig, so about 13-14 days gone gets you about to guarantee-if out longer, then paid above guarantee whether u fly or not.

R2 is base reserve. R3 is reserve somewhere other than home or your base. Reserve can last from one day to lots of days.

Atlas flies freight and people....may do freight one day, people the next. Processes are all about the same.

Wt and Bal is currently done on a Windows tablet. It stays in the plane and has dedicated software. When the EFB arrives (who knows when!!!) then Wt & Bal will be on the EFB. The 747-8Fs atlas is getting have EFBs built in, so assume Wt & Bal will be on those EFBs.

The company gives employees a windows smartphone. You can use it to email anyone U like. The phone part is disabled. The new PCD, arriving soon, is schd to be a Samsung Galaxy Tab, 7" screen. All pubs, training, company comm will be on that device.

The PCD is needed as the schedule changes a lot, sometimes 10x a day, or multiple times in an hour.

cliff
PHL

Latest resources

Back