Atlas Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

$$$4nothin

So min guaruntee is 50 hrs/mo first year and 62/mo every year after that. How many hours is the actual average. Is it actually around 50-60 or do most guys get a lot more credit than that. Do most guys see atlas as a long term (30) year career airline. Also if one was in the pool of jetBlue and Atlas what does everyone think of where to go. I am looking at this decision more as who do you think is more stable as a long term career. I understand the difference between schedules/ airplane type/ type of flying. I am not concerned with upgrade time per say. Just curious who everyone thinks will still be around in 2040. Thanks for the help and advice.

During the 11 months I've been here at Atlas I've been over guarantee 9 of them. Granted, it's easier to break 50 hours than 62. With the new contract that landscape will probably change as it contains a trip rig so any month you are on the road for the full 17 days you'll wind up with over 80 hours credit. Overtime or time home....it's a win either way. As to what airlines will be around in 39 years, if you've been around this business long at all you know it's all a crap shoot. I'm sure that in the past no one would have ever bet that Pan Am, Eastern and the rest would be off the radar now. Suffice it to say that Atlas is as well positioned as any to hang in there. The same could be said for many passenger airlines so your choice (assuming a call comes from both) really comes down to which type of flying you want to do.

FWIW, when I interviewed last month, they put up the calendars as well as the pay credit for the most recent newhires that hit the line.

There was ONLY one guy that was near 50, and that was because he was military, only worked something like 8 days, and had to take the rest of the month off for military commitment

Every other guy on there was between the 70-80 hour range with 14-16 days out. Some all in one shot, others in split patterns. One guy hit 110, but it was made clear the guy voluntarily kept himself out past 17 days for the time required to hit that number.

But of course, just like anywhere else. Let common sense apply, and don't EVER base an income on anything above the min guaranty.

When considering Job security at the two airlines, rather than only look ahead 20 or 30 years, I think you should think about which one would be more or less likely to furlough pilots. Thats not an easy one to answer either. I like Atlas but they have furloughed in the past. Jetblue hasnt furloughed anyone yet but that doesnt mean much. However, the pilots contract has some protections for furlough,

232 Captains, 352 F/Os on the March seniority list. You also have to factor the continuing classes when you do the math. With the airframes coming, the numbers will be in flux for a while.

Latest resources

Back